JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Manufacturer
FN Herstal
Caliber
5.7x28mm
City
Olympia
State
Washington
Zip Code
Also have 1000 rds of standard for same price. $300 for 500rds. Not trading for anything.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
That is what the box says. They are fully copper tipped.
No - SS197R is a hard Hornady "ballistic tip" 40gr with a blue plastic insert - technically a JSP or some people say they are JHP (doesn't matter) or BT. Red tip (SS196SR ) is the same thing but slightly slower discontinued ammo. Both are good ammo.

Green tip with a very small HP is SS198LF 27 gr. This is okay to good ammo too. There is a 28gr version of this (SS195LF). These are aluminum core. They generally do not expand/fragment; the tip deforms a little but they mostly tumble in gel.

I have those and some others. Mostly the SS197SR, which is by far my preference in either a pistol or rifle. The BT bullets expand and fragment in gel.

Some prefer the 27/28 gr LF ammo. Fiocchi is the actual manufacturer of FN/Federal 5.7 ammo (I think the Speer GD too) and they are coming out with some 35gr ammo - for which desirability is TBD.

What you don't want is the American Eagle (AE5728A) TMJ - unless you want to practice failure drills due to the projectile coming loose in the case, which they are prone to do. I have some, but only use it for practice.

Your price is good; I would buy it if I didn't already have 10K+ rounds of 5.7 ammo that I bought 5+ years ago. GLWS.

GLWS, I wish you were selling when I picked up a brick of 500. Lots of conflicting info out there but the 197 is a solid round depending on your purpose.

No - SS197R is a hard Hornady "ballistic tip" 40gr with a blue plastic insert - technically a JSP or some people say they are JHP (doesn't matter) or BT. Red tip (SS196SR ) is the same thing but slightly slower discontinued ammo. Both are good ammo.

Green tip with a very small HP is SS198LF 27 gr. This is okay to good ammo too. There is a 28gr version of this (SS195LF). These are aluminum core. They generally do not expand/fragment; the tip deforms a little but they mostly tumble in gel.

I have those and some others. Mostly the SS197SR, which is by far my preference in either a pistol or rifle. The BT bullets expand and fragment in gel.

Some prefer the 27/28 gr LF ammo. Fiocchi is the actual manufacturer of FN/Federal 5.7 ammo (I think the Speer GD too) and they are coming out with some 35gr ammo - for which desirability is TBD.

What you don't want is the American Eagle (AE5728A) TMJ - unless you want to practice failure drills due to the projectile coming loose in the case, which they are prone to do. I have some, but only use it for practice.

Your price is good; I would buy it if I didn't already have 10K+ rounds of 5.7 ammo that I bought 5+ years ago. GLWS.
They are SE197SR and SS195LF.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.