JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is probably the best "single source" out there

There is one that has a huge huge list. I'm not sure how up to date it is. But it's a big database. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: I think this is it, I recall at the time I was looking for 9mm cans that are small enough diameter that it wouldn't need suppressor sights.

getting back to our tangent (which is more on-topic than before) neither of those sites really lets you compare things in all the ways they matter. Pew Science is a fantastic site for realistic suppression for the given application, but has no other relevant info. Burn Proof only has basic dimension so you can see if their covers will fit properly. I have used both to try and get some idea what I am buying, but it leaves so much to be desired.

I wonder how much time this would actually take to collate? Probably weeks of full time work, and that is assuming you can get all the information from the manufacturers. . .

Who here has used Capital Arms for getting their suppressors, I know there is likely a better area to ask but couldn't find it.
I did for both mine. Both are done and waiting to be shipped to my house. Very professional outfit Imo.

Timeline is posted below (note that the timeline represents having already filled out profile and have atf account, digital prints, and self photo). If it's your first time you will need to file out your profile info, attach digital fingerprints (or do paper fingerprints but I have no clue how that works), and your cell phone self photo. You also need to sign up for atf efile on atf site (can do paper also but I have no clue how that works). They are a bit slow on final shipment but everything else is fast. Very responsive to phone calls. Even in crazy time almost no kept on hold for me and great customer service.

day 0 - Purchase
day 2 - Form sent to me to sign
day 2 - 2 min to sign
day 3 - 5 min including hold time to certify form 4 (ie form 4 submitted)
day 7 - atf approval
Day 7 - 10 min to fill out form 4473
Day 10 - Submit to Cleo certified mail
Day 22-25 (estimated) Mailed out 7 days after Cleo receives notice
Day ? Received

Last Edited:
Who here has used Capital Arms for getting their suppressors, I know there is likely a better area to ask but couldn't find it.
I've got a trust going with them for a few weeks. They ship to your door.
*Edit, there's a glitch in the Matrix. The reply went in the wrong thread.

I'm starting to lean more towards suppressors that are serviceable. You have to consider the possibility of things like baffle strikes or tailcap strikes and how readily it can be repaired. One thing I'd not really considered is that, if your suppressor is sent in to be repaired for any significant damage, the serial # has to still be intact according to the ATF, I believe.....
Most makers are putting the serial# closer to the proximal end of the of the suppressor where it will be less likely to incur damage so that this part can be salvaged in the repair.
The other thing I take into consideration is the mounting system. A good mounting system with good lockup will help avoid damage from occurring and make storing and using your suppressor a lot more enjoyable...
As far as decibel requirements, I just want whatever I shoot to be hearing safe or very close to it. I buy them for use on HD guns where I might need to tend to a threat in my home and not blow my family's ear drums out. The tone of the sound or whether it's a few extra decibels quieter doesn't mean as much to me as those other things I mentioned.
Take a hard look at the Rugged Obsidian 45 for your pistol needs.

In all likelihood this will be my next suppressor.

WMB

My reply went to a different thread. I've got a trust going on a few weeks with them. They'll ship to your house. My only complaint is their website is kind of garbage for filling out forms.

Looks like the models that are left on silencer shop are generally the modular "erector" type cans and the very specialized/expensive. Interesting to see what people don't want, should tell the industry something
I honestly think one of the reason the erector doesn't sell well is that dirty white color. Sounds funny but I bet it's a factor.

I dunno, first all the questionable posts on the meme threads, then this disgusting display of fiscal responsibility, what's it take to get a guy banned around here?
So.... I just ordered $5500 in custom kitchen knives. That's pretty far from normal fiscal responsibility.

A lot of info. I'm curious why they didn't test with any 300 blackout. It seems like an obvious oversight to not include a round designed for suppression in a suppressor summit.

I own a ventum 7.62, it's every bit as good as they say. Could not recommend higher.
Have you had a chance to try the ventum 7.62 on 5.56 rifle/pistol? I'm curious how much of a difference it makes on shorter barreled AR15. Since it's going to be supersonic anyway I'm kinda curious how much better a 5.56 can would be compared to a 7.62 can for a short barrel AR.

For me I can't justify getting one for each caliber and I'm not sure it's worth it for 7.62 alone (have never used a 7.62 can). But maybe easier to justify if one can could do 7.62 really well and 5.56 fairly well (I realize sound will be more than a dedicated 5.56 can).

Have you had a chance to try the ventum on 5.56? I'm curious how much of a difference it makes on shorter barreled AR. Since it's going to be supersonic anyway I'm kinda curious how much better a 5.56 can would be compared to a 7.62 can for a short barrel AR.

For me I can't justify getting one for each caliber and I'm not sure it's worth it for 7.62 alone (have never used a 7.62 can). But maybe easier to justify if one can could do 7.62 really well and 5.56 fairly well (I realize sound will be more than a dedicated 5.56 can).
Used it on my 13.7 JAKL in 5.56 and I'd say it was plenty quiet and effective. No additional gas to the face and I could keep the gas setting about where it is when shooting unsuppressed. It's marginally quieter at my ear than my sandman-L on the same gun and noticably less gassy.

Disclaimer, I've only used .30 and .46 cans on 5.56

Used it on my 13.7 JAKL in 5.56 and I'd say it was plenty quiet and effective. No additional gas to the face and I could keep the gas setting about where it is when shooting unsuppressed. It's marginally quieter at my ear than my sandman-L on the same gun and noticably less gassy.

Disclaimer, I've only used .30 and .46 cans on 5.56
Good to know. Thx!

There's very few suppressors in stock right now, so if you see the one you want in stock, don't hesitate to buy it.

I bought a 22 suppressor this morning when it came up as in stock. By the time I started placing the order, the site said only 8 of them were left in stock, and I'm sure they're all gone now.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top