JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got a link? I wonder if theres enough meat to turn the 40mm down to 37 mm?
Rifled 22
18x22

I just remembered I own a lathe and a milling machine and a crapload of specialty tooling :)
If you figure out a way to fit 4 or so 22s into something that fits a 12 gauge, let me know how much of a donation I need to send to you!

I need other things to do with my little SBS other than flares and mini shells.

I sure miss BLAMO-AMMO. Anything 12 ga. :s0023:

I have one of the Eastern Block steel 37mm flare guns. I ended up making a 12 ga. adaptor for it. Both of my boat flare guns are the old 12 ga./20mm kits, the guns are plastic but they have metal 12 ga. adaptors. Have to be careful with any adaptors though, Canadian Customs can get really snotty. :(

I sure miss BLAMO-AMMO. Anything 12 ga. :s0023:

I have one of the Eastern Block steel 37mm flare guns. I ended up making a 12 ga. adaptor for it. Both of my boat flare guns are the old 12 ga./20mm kits, the guns are plastic but they have metal 12 ga. adaptors. Have to be careful with any adaptors though, Canadian Customs can get really snotty. :(
Sure its a 37 mm. All the east bloc stuff Ive seen are 26.5mm

:eek: You're right. I just dug it out and it says it's a 26.5 Rak Pist 78 HK. :s0092:

It's a whole kit I bought years ago at a salvage store. Nice carrying case with shell loops, cleaning rod and what looks like a compartment for maps. I bought it as a spare for my, "Plastic" flare guns and because it's made out of metal. :)

If the 22 was rifled it would be good as the basis for an interesting volley fire "derringer" without a tax stamp too.
40mm, 37mm, 12ga, 20ga subcaliber adapters legally require the host flare launcher or firearm to be stamped as a AOW or DD seeing as you're creating a firearm. Rifled ones like I have might even SBR depending on the launcher setup.

They're kinda fun, tho

20210816_155821.jpg

Last Edited:
40mm, 37mm, 12ga, 20ga subcaliber adapters legally require the host flare launcher or firearm to be stamped as a AOW or DD seeing as you're creating a firearm. Rifled ones like I have might even SBR depending on the launcher setup.

They're kinda fun, tho

View attachment 1131365
It wouldn't be either if it was rifled, I wasn't planning on using a flare launcher, or if I did it would be modified so it couldn't be used as a flare launcher so it would be .22 caliber.

37mm. Its only a DD when its got antipersonnel rounds in it . Form 1 in the works....

Big sale on 37mm 15 round beehives at armsunlimited. You NEVER see them this cheap and 37mm? Hardly ever. I love watching people shoot beehives on youtube 600-900 grains going 900 FPS out the muzzle. "Ow, It hurts"/

https://www.armsunlimited.com/22LR-Reloadable-Beehive-Round-37mm-40mm-Launcher-p/bh15-22.htm

None of this stuff needs a FFL to buy BTW/

View attachment 1099751View attachment 1099752
Is the paperwork for a DD any more involved than other NFA items? This intrigues me

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews