JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, was frustrated blowing ammo no change. Would have been nice to know but this $125 barrel was about to get the scrap can. Now it seems okay. I feel the chamber scrub was big. Hitting the crown with a tool (a little bit) didnt do much of anything.
Now there's the question of *why* a simple chamber scrub did it. Was there some piece of metal in there deforming the bullets? Something else? I realize we may never know…still…seems off that a simple chamber scrub/polish had that much effect.

Now there's the question of *why* a simple chamber scrub did it. Was there some piece of metal in there deforming the bullets? Something else? I realize we may never know…still…seems off that a simple chamber scrub/polish had that much effect.
If you look at my YouTube video
I show before / after shots of the chamber throat. You can almost.see a ridge of brass in the throat. There is still at least 1 bad spot in the throat tho.

If you look at my YouTube video
I show before / after shots of the chamber throat. You can almost.see a ridge of brass in the throat. There is still at least 1 bad spot in the throat tho.
You could try felt/wool pellets on a cleaning rod with lapping compound or a fire lapping kit.

Wheeler fire lapping kit:
4C5357F5-E9E9-4B06-8AC7-99963C38FBAA.jpeg

Lapping compound at Amazon:

C71ADE7A-A32E-4496-92DC-1C1A8CA00858.jpeg
06DBC2DE-C555-430E-80D8-77FA2FA726CE.jpeg
FC1A51E4-955F-44CC-A060-3084B64367DE.jpeg

Last Edited:
As the owner of many lathes, splitting a piece of brake line tube (or bore reamer tube if you have that laying around) to accept a piece of sand paper is the standard for sanding bores. Various grits can make for the finest finishing.
I really have not put a ton of ammo thru this thing so at this point I feel like a terrible rough chamber job leaded up super fast.
It should be set back and re chambered but I'm getting tired of dumping my time in to a $125 barrel.

Yep, was frustrated blowing ammo no change. Would have been nice to know but this $125 barrel was about to get the scrap can. Now it seems okay. I feel the chamber scrub was big. Hitting the crown with a tool (a little bit) didnt do much of anything.
Nah.
That's just cleaning furnace.
Of the two, the crown has a metric ton more influence on bullet flight.

Wow that is indeed a crappy chamber. I personally would put flitz on a felt and make this so shiny youll see your face in it! Thats how I got feeding issues resolved in a 1911 build. I have the cmmg concersion kit that has the chamber like a 223 case adapter and its pretty accurate (hit clays at 80 yards no problem)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews