JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think I want to drop a scope on a ruger 22/45.
I've never scoped a pistol before so hoping for input.
My goal is to be able to reach out to the 70-90 yard mark so I think I might want a little magnification.
I like the idea of a 2x red dot. Also looked at this by leupold, but was hoping to stay closer to $200.

I thought this would have been beat to death on here already but didn't see much when I searched just now.
Thoughts and ideas?

Anything pistol scope related should work. There aren't too many out there. Leupold still has one on their catalog.

Red dot would get you to 70-90 yards.

You can still find the Simmons pistol LER 2x scopes pretty cheap ($100ish?). They start getting a little heavy once you add the rings and what not.
The only 2x red dot I ever had was heavy too , a truglo R/G . That was a decade ago though, I would imagine there are smaller options now .

If you are "not sure" about it check Ebay. There always seems to be a ton of them for sale. Reason being so many try one and do not stick with it. You can find a bunch of them to choose from in your budget. If you buy one and like so many decide you really don't want it, you can just toss it back up for sale again :D

The truglo is the only 2x red dot I saw. Little surprised not to see more options like that.
You can still find the Simmons pistol LER 2x scopes pretty cheap ($100ish?). They start getting a little heavy once you add the rings and what not.
The only 2x red dot I ever had was heavy too , a truglo R/G . That was a decade ago though, I would imagine there are smaller options now .

I have the Burris 2x on my Browning Buckmark, and it's a lot of fun. I've been very happy with it, and I think I got it used for about $150 off of GunBroker. No regrets here.

That was my fear. It looks like something I wouldn't want.

Just remembered I have a cheap Bushnell red dot I don't use.
I'll probably throw it on and try it.
If it works, great. If not I'll look for a 2x.
I'm pretty sure I owned 2 of the truglos, 1 red ,1 red/green with multiple reticles.
Never found a good home, either gone now or in a parts bin.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews