2 O'clock carry?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Beefcake, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Beefcake

Beefcake Active Member

21   0   0
    My primary carry piece rides in custom leather at 4 O'clock, but I just ran into an interesting possibility. I have watched more television recently than I would like to admit, and I noticed the kid on Criminal Minds carrying his gun in front of his hip. I tried a snubby revolver tonight in an OWB holster at 2 O'clock, and it is both comfortable and functional. Does anyone actually carry this way? I seem to remember some front holsters for mini .380s, but I always laughed at them (not willing to risk shooting off important parts of my anatomy); however, I sort of like my new experiment. Thoughts?
  2. mcathcart

mcathcart Active Member

23   1   0
    I do, but only when I dont have to sit down.
  3. Artilleryman

Artilleryman Active Member

Originally from the central midwest but have reloc
    24   0   0
    I carry a g29 in a done hume owb, somewhere between 2 - 4 o'clock....works well for me anyway. Even being a 'subcompact' model, it is a bit bulky for me to go iwb. Plus I'm too cheap to buy pants with a larger waistband
  4. titsonritz

titsonritz Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

20   0   0
  5. EZLivin

EZLivin Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

55   0   0
    Yes. When pocket carry is not an option I go for front of hip if possible. Didn't really read much on the "best way" to carry when I started out, so I just did what was the most comfortable to me. Works for me.
  6. titsonritz

titsonritz Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

20   0   0
    You see that a lot on TV and in movies. The problem is it is most often done using a holster with a forward cant designed to be carried at 3-4/8-9 o’clock. A holster in the 1-2/10-11 o’clock position should have a neutral or slight reverse cant.

I dig AIWB carry and will never go back to hip carry.
  7. Reggie Dunlop

Reggie Dunlop Active Member

25   0   0
    It is comfortable and accessable, but I can not get over the psycological hurdle that a small cannon is charged and pointing in the vicinity of my most prized possession.
  8. MarkAd

MarkAd Well-Known Member

3   0   0
    LOL. You seem to think you have great value in the family jewels.
  9. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

59   0   0
    2 o'clock OWB was really pretty common in the fifties, sixties and seventies among plain clothes police packing snubbies in leather holsters with straps. With the switch to larger autos, I don't know that too many people carry that way any more.

2 o'clock IWB? Yes, some do...we had a thread about that not long ago.
  10. Stomper

Stomper 3%er Bronze Supporter

25   0   0
    OMG... my wife is TOTALLY into Crimal Minds and almost never misses an episode, and EVERY SINGLE TIME I see that skinny little brainiac walking or standing around with hips slightly forward of his shoulders I go on and on about how he wears that thing like a hippie fashion accessory!! The wife always says, "yeah, I heard you the first time you said it... NOW STHU!!" LMAO!!
  11. USMAR1NE

USMAR1NE New Member

1   0   0
    I carry a Sig P238 w/laser in a Bullard IWB holster. Very comfortable, quick presentation and no psychological worries.