JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$200
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Moses Lake
State
Washington
Zip Code
Selling a complete, but disassembled, No4 MK1 Sporterized rifle in 303 British. Numbers matching barrel and receiver and bolt.

Was disassembled to refinish. All pieces are accounted for.

Asking $200.00 or best offer.

Buyer is responsible for any and all fees.

20230509_101530.jpg 20230509_101552.jpg 20231206_183758.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I'm not entirely sure how to price this. That said, I'm going to put a number on it and I'm open to hearing what more knowledgeable folks here have to say about said price.
Since you asked... my take…

Maybe $200, and then only maybe.

Here is why.

The barrel and charger bridge are cut, so it's never getting restored to original config. Not not sure what is in the bag , but what is the situation for the rear sights ? Scope mount , I think I see something in the bag, but then who knows. 303 is a great round, but it is getting scarce , so really what's the point of a cut up no.4 these days? Enfields were never meant to be as accurate as Mauser k98 for example , and cutting them up like this only makes things worse .

Since you asked... my take…

Maybe $200, and then only maybe.

Here is why.

The barrel and charger bridge are cut, so it's never getting restored to original config. Not not sure what is in the bag , but what is the situation for the rear sights ? Scope mount , I think I see something in the bag, but then who knows. 303 is a great round, but it is getting scarce , so really what's the point of a cut up no.4 these days? Enfields were never meant to be as accurate as Mauser k98 for example , and cutting them up like this only makes things worse .
Appreciate the comments. Thank you for speaking up. $200.00 makes sense. I just really had no idea going into it hence the $400.00.

Yeah I'm not sure why the bridge was cut off. It was like that when I got it. The bag contains all the bits and peices... hardware, fcg, butt plate, etc...

Last Edited:
I kinda want this. Would be a good gun to bubba into something fun, hilarious or both. I just have no idea what that would be yet. And the cost to convert it into something shootable would be non-trivial. Let me know when you want to let it go for $100 and I will see what the shipping is. That is about all I would be able to personally justify on a lark. I don't usually like to lowball, but I figured I would let you know what at least one person was thinking.

Honestly it is probably better to wait for someone local who wants a gun to tinker on and does not mind the obsolete cartridge. At least then they are not factoring in shipping being a significant percentage of the price of the gun. This would be a good project to dip your toes into some basic smiting. Might also make a serviceable deer gun for those so inclined, if you can find the right ammo (or reload). Unfortunately I don't think there is any historical value left, so the only thing you have is a (presumably) functional firearm that shoots obsolete ammo. There just is not much squeeze left in that old girl.

I kinda want this. Would be a good gun to bubba into something fun, hilarious or both. I just have no idea what that would be yet. And the cost to convert it into something shootable would be non-trivial. Let me know when you want to let it go for $100 and I will see what the shipping is. That is about all I would be able to personally justify on a lark. I don't usually like to lowball, but I figured I would let you know what at least one person was thinking.

Honestly it is probably better to wait for someone local who wants a gun to tinker on and does not mind the obsolete cartridge. At least then they are not factoring in shipping being a significant percentage of the price of the gun. This would be a good project to dip your toes into some basic smiting. Might also make a serviceable deer gun for those so inclined, if you can find the right ammo (or reload). Unfortunately I don't think there is any historical value left, so the only thing you have is a (presumably) functional firearm that shoots obsolete ammo. There just is not much squeeze left in that old girl.
I'll keep you mind. Thank you.

I agree it'd be nice to find someone a little more local. I also agree that something fun could be done with this as it is well past the point of a collector item. 303 is still obtainable, but yes, it is less and less. There are a handful of classified posts here for 303 ammo I've been watching too. Not sure the cost, but I also now there are still a couple outfits that will re-barrel these. Couple years ago I lazily looked for barrels for these in different calibers, but didn't really come up with anything. Not sure if there is any real options in that regard.

In any case, as the ad states I'm open to offers, but I'm not sure I'm ready for $100 sale. However, I could have very unrealistic expectations of much more than that.

I'll keep you mind. Thank you.

I agree it'd be nice to find someone a little more local. I also agree that something fun could be done with this as it is well past the point of a collector item. 303 is still obtainable, but yes, it is less and less. There are a handful of classified posts here for 303 ammo I've been watching too. Not sure the cost, but I also now there are still a couple outfits that will re-barrel these. Couple years ago I lazily looked for barrels for these in different calibers, but didn't really come up with anything. Not sure if there is any real options in that regard.

In any case, as the ad states I'm open to offers, but I'm not sure I'm ready for $100 sale. However, I could have very unrealistic expectations of much more than that.
Yep, that is a zero pressure probably don't take it offer. I would be willing to put in a bit more if it were not for shipping. But yeah, I have a few guns that are like that one; basically worthless but still perfectly functional. I have a fun idea for one of them and just waiting for the motivation to execute on it. The others are just beaters that sit there until I want to do something that I would not do to a nicer gun. Good luck to you on this one, and call me if you ever hit rock bottom ;-)

Stop giving him ideas. How is he ever supposed to hit rock bottom and sell me the parts for $100 if you guys keep posting useful stuff to do with it? Bunch of bubblegums here. . .

Price drop to $200.00. Gettin' closer... 🤣
I did some digging and it seems that .22lr and .45acp are the most popular conversions for this rifle. I have no idea why that is, but there you go. There were some 7.62 conversions available, but it seems widely regarded that the Enfield receiver does not hold up well to that, even with a bespoke barrel., and I see no such kits available today. I was kinda hoping to find a straight walled cartridge kit available, but I am probably one of only a handful of people in the world who would be interested in that. If someone could a kit or a smith would would do such a conversion for a reasonable amount I might take this even at $200. An Enfield in 45lc ore even .357mag would be a hoot.

If you do get down to $100 I would take it just to have the parts on hand to nag every smith I know to do it for me. Eventually one of them has to give right?

I did some digging and it seems that .22lr and .45acp are the most popular conversions for this rifle. I have no idea why that is, but there you go. There were some 7.62 conversions available, but it seems widely regarded that the Enfield receiver does not hold up well to that, even with a bespoke barrel., and I see no such kits available today. I was kinda hoping to find a straight walled cartridge kit available, but I am probably one of only a handful of people in the world who would be interested in that. If someone could a kit or a smith would would do such a conversion for a reasonable amount I might take this even at $200. An Enfield in 45lc ore even .357mag would be a hoot.

If you do get down to $100 I would take it just to have the parts on hand to nag every smith I know to do it for me. Eventually one of them has to give right?
A .45acp conversion would be super fun. Not in the cards for me to pursue right now, but I think you should definitely keep talking yourself into it.

Personally, I think you should buy it for $200.00 so you have the extra motivation to git er' done.

A .45acp conversion would be super fun. Not in the cards for me to pursue right now, but I think you should definitely keep talking yourself into it.

Personally, I think you should buy it for $200.00 so you have the extra motivation to git er' done.
lol, no joke I am rapidly approaching that point. I know a shop that does a lot of custom work, and I was thinking to myself an integrally suppressed Enfield in a straight walled magnum cartridge would be a handy thing to have around. I think they are closed for icemageddon '24, but when they get back I am going to ask them about it. We will see if you still have the parts after I find out.

lol, no joke I am rapidly approaching that point. I know a shop that does a lot of custom work, and I was thinking to myself an integrally suppressed Enfield in a straight walled magnum cartridge would be a handy thing to have around. I think they are closed for icemageddon '24, but when they get back I am going to ask them about it. We will see if you still have the parts after I find out.
I wish I had a shop even remotely close to me that could potentially do something like that. All seriousness, I really do think this is a good candidate to get a little wild on. If you had the means of pulling it off, all the better. Keep me posted.

I talked with my shop and they said they are not set up for building integrated suppressors. They buy their baffle stacks from a supplier and those are different than what would be needed for an integrated suppressor going over a ported barrel. I might still pick this up as a project gun for something else, let me know if you would be wiling to take $200 and you front the shipping to my FFL. I can take the FFL fees from there. Offer good whenever you want to take it, just let me know.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.