JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$600
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Lebanon
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I have a 1915 New England Westinghouse Co. American made Mosin-Nagant in excellent condition - it is in a Finnish Arctic birch stock and has a Finnish sling - the rifle is in excellent original condition. Asking $600.00 please call or text 503-509-4567

86C10C00-1EE4-4897-B488-7DA513213980.jpeg 9D4A18C9-F266-4483-9F17-67AF3DD01C0D.jpeg 526425F2-E370-4E95-B23B-5948E98A42C7.jpeg 610C0100-41E7-4BF4-8BAF-D92F52EF229B.jpeg 17733485-DD05-4543-BB6E-2EF363174063.jpeg 0CAFBD4B-CB04-46B3-974A-DFB72988528A.jpeg 9C14671F-3226-413D-8CBD-AB5DF992ADEB.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I was extremely confused when I first saw it. Definitely not Finnish used, looks like somebody took a sporterized westinghouse m91 and put it into an m39 stock.
What's Interesting are the US ordinance markes on the barrel! The US government purchased the remaining defaulted Russian contract rifles to be used by the US army for training, or issued to US expeditionary forces during the Siberian Expedition in 1919.

I was extremely confused when I first saw it. Definitely not Finnish used, looks like somebody took a sporterized westinghouse m91 and put it into an m39 stock.
What's Interesting are the US ordinance markes on the barrel! The US government purchased the remaining defaulted Russian contract rifles to be used by the US army for training, or issued to US expeditionary forces during the Siberian Expedition in 1919.
Thank you for the information!

It's an m27/30 or 28 put into a m39 stock. Probably not by the Finnish arsenal, as their smiths offered to update all of the rifle or none of the rifle.
I'm cleaning this because it has the updated stock but the old style sight ladder. I could tell you more if you cropped in on the rear of the sight leaf and the top view of the sight.

It's an m27/30 or 28 put into a m39 stock. Probably not by the Finnish arsenal, as their smiths offered to update all of the rifle or none of the rifle.
I'm cleaning this because it has the updated stock but the old style sight ladder. I could tell you more if you cropped in on the rear of the sight leaf and the top view of the sight.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Woo boy that sight has got me flustered, it looks like neither. It doesn't have the arshinnnumbers struck out either. Arshins are a pre Soviet unit of measurement. 1 arshin = 1 pace. They might have marked meters on the other side and youll be able to tell because it'll have a few ending in 1/2. Is there an SA within a box somewhere on the metal? Maybe an SY? YouTube's forgotten weapons channel has an excellent video on the different features implemented during which years from the Finnish arsenals. 7.62x54R will help you find more info on what parts were used in this.

Having this info on hand will definitely help you market a mosin for a quicker sale.

Woo boy that sight has got me flustered, it looks like neither. It doesn't have the arshinnnumbers struck out either. Arshins are a pre Soviet unit of measurement. 1 arshin = 1 pace. They might have marked meters on the other side and youll be able to tell because it'll have a few ending in 1/2. Is there an SA within a box somewhere on the metal? Maybe an SY? YouTube's forgotten weapons channel has an excellent video on the different features implemented during which years from the Finnish arsenals. 7.62x54R will help you find more info on what parts were used in this.

Having this info on hand will definitely help you market a mosin for a quicker sale.
Its neither a m27 or m28. The finns almost exclusively used SIG, Tikka, and VTK barrels on those rifles. If we were to entertain the possibility that the finns somehow received a US surcharge mosin, decided to shorten the barrel to m27/m28 specs rather than scrapping it or keeping it as an m91, all without updating the sights or leaving any markings on the rifle at all... that possibility is effectively zero.
The much more likely explanation is a sporterized westinghouse barreled receiver was placed into an m39 stock, creating a faux m39

Its neither a m27 or m28. The finns almost exclusively used SIG, Tikka, and VTK barrels on those rifles. If we were to entertain the possibility that the finns somehow received a US surcharge mosin, decided to shorten the barrel to m27/m28 specs rather than scrapping it or keeping it as an m91, all without updating the sights or leaving any markings on the rifle at all... that possibility is effectively zero.
The much more likely explanation is a sporterized westinghouse barreled receiver was placed into an m39 stock, creating a faux m39
I vote for this theory after looking at the receiver markings and finding no proof, import, or arsenal marks. This one might have not even ever left the United States.

Recoil lug as I mentioned was not an original aspect. If that had its original finish and stock then educated assumptions could be made.
I did specify might. Maybe you'd be helpful enough to point out what the recoil lug is and what the relevance has for the poster to better understand what he's got?

Sorry @Rdd1973 , looks like your have an ad that turned ugly. Hope @Moderators can help clean this mess up! GLWS
Yeah it's getting weird in here. Was just trying to help get info to see what I could buy here/help others but by identifying historical markers. Mosin shoppers typically care about these details. Some dudes will buy the same rifle from the same country multiple times because they want to collect all the individual proof house inspectors' stamps. I still don't know what the recoil lug is though. Edit: j found out. It's the stocks retaining bolt. I don't know how that gives identifying info about what this rifle is

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.