JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just recently bought an 1874 sharps by pedersoli and its missing the rear eye cup and I would like to change the front inserts but need help identifying who makes the sights.
My initial thought are these are made by pedersoli as my limited research has suggested but looking to confirm my suspicion before purchasing the parts.
Also any suggestions on which websit to order the parts from?
Thank you everyone for your help

20210613_085635.jpg 20210613_085554.jpg 20210613_085526.jpg

I think that peep is a standard thread. I forget the pitch, but just look online for pedersoli vernier sight replacement peep. I think the hadley eye disc threads match, or they make a specific replacement, but you won't like the price! Check leeshaver.com or buffaloarms.com.
The front looks like a lyman 17, but if you take out the insert and show a pic I can confirm.

The hadley looks good, I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. But if you're going to compete with your rifle, the adjustable aperture can really help when the light changes during a match.
That's not lyman 17, but if you look on those sites I mentioned, I'm sure you'll find a match. Lee shaver makes inserts for a number of sights, they're crisp, clean and he offers them in many different configurations.

Should the rear sight be threaded on the rear sight? I don't see any threads on the rear sight for where the eye cup should be
I don't have a pedersoli, but the carage that slides on the ways should be threaded in that hole. The eye cup has a male threaded stud that tightens the carage against the ways.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top