JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am of 2 minds.

1. Few possessions are worth shooting over.

2. As a single vehicle family, you could ruin both me and my family's income by stealing my car. I could loose my home etc.

It's not about the value of the property, it's the cost to society when people like this don't face any consequences for their actions. The cost to people as @Joe13 mentioned above; this could ruin their life and they're innocent. Thief?? Blast away!!

Let's just let the insurance cover everything, then complain when our rates are so high. Don't want to get shot, don't steal! Kids make stupid mistakes but this is just cultural bad parenting. It's just another side affect of not holding anyone accountable and letting everyone be a victim. I would feel bad, but where does the fault really lie? People shouldn't be allowed to just take things from others because money equals time and you only get so much of that! Maybe I sound like a heartless bubblegum but I've got a fourteen year old daughter and if she was out trying to steal cars I'd only have myself to blame when she was killed.

The guy makes some good points, however, if I'm sitting at home and I hear out front someone
trying to get my truck going I'm grabbing what's next to me, a Smith EZ and going out. And here's
whats going through my head. There's a thief trying to get my truck. I'm not asking for an ID.
At 83 there's few people I can whup. I can not afford the wait constraints the insurance company
will apply in the hope it'll be recovered in the same shape as I left it. I know how thin LE is spread
and I don't expect much time from them trying to recover my truck. And certainly I don't want to
shoot a kid but under these circumstances I'm unloading. And I'm guessing any holes in my truck
from the EZ will not be covered by insurance. And I'll probably end up in court. I'm still going
to shoot.

Speaking bluntly....
I have killed people while in combat...and I have no desire to do so ever again.
For me...while I love my truck...and it holds many precious memories....If you ain't a threat to me or my life*...
I probably ain't going to shoot you over it.

That said...
I also won't second guess someone who does shoot a thief out to steal their car or items.
I wasn't there...I ain't them.

I do know that a excellent way to avoid getting shot or shot at...
Is not to steal from people or harm them in any way.
They made the choice to steal. or harm others...and every choice has a consequence.

*And with all that said....
What is viewed as threatening can vary between people and circumstances.
I do know that I will do whatever is needed to survive in a threatening situation...with no regrets.
Andy

I really don't want to shoot someone, especially a kid, over them stealing my car, computer, TV, whatever. I will run them off if it is safe to do so. Plus legally, if there is no threat of death or serious bodily injury, you are in deep doo doo if you shoot them.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top