JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome back, in more than one way! Dang brother, sounds like you went through the ringer, glad you're doing good and they caught hit in time. I have a friend who ignored similar symptoms for too long and a huge blood clot formed in his heart, it caused a massive stroke. Glad you were diagnosed before that!
Thanks to all for the kind words and well wishes!

Yes, blood clots are a major concern for either stroke or embolism and are nothing to take lightly. The docs put me on big time blood thinners starting about 6 weeks ahead of the procedure - in fact, I couldn't have missed one dose of morning and evening pills over a 3 week period or they would have had to reschedule until I had been on the meds for 3 weeks without interruption - all in order to try to avoid blood clots. Now I can't look sideways at anything that scrapes my skin without now bleeding. Besides wearing gloves in the yard, I am now doing so at the range. I have also added new items to my range bag - blood clotting spray and powder along with a wide size range of Band-Aids and pressure wrap gauze.

OK, now back to reloading...

I am almost ready to start my initial attempt reloading 5.56. Gotta order a Dillon Quick Change Kit for the XL650, then will load up some Caveman processed brass before trimming and prepping my own. I am a little afraid to put this in print. It seems like over the last 3 years every time I start something new then there is a shortage on that item - carbide dies, specific powders, primers, etc. :s0054:

Last Edited:
Thanks to all for the kind words and well wishes!

Yes, blood clots are a major concern for either stroke or embolism and are nothing to take lightly. The docs put me on big time blood thinners starting about 6 weeks ahead of the procedure - in fact, I couldn't have missed one dose of morning and evening pills over a 3 week period or they would have had to reschedule until I had been on the meds for 3 weeks without interruption - all in order to try to avoid blood clots. Now I can't look sideways at anything that scrapes my skin without now bleeding. Besides wearing gloves in the yard, I am now doing so at the range. I have also added new items to my range bag - blood clotting spray and powder along with a wide size range of Band-Aids and pressure wrap gauze.

OK, now back to reloading...

I am almost ready to start my initial attempt reloading 5.56. Gotta order a Dillon Quick Change Kit for the XL650, then will load up some Caveman processed brass before trimming and prepping my own. I am a little afraid to put this in print. It seems like over the last 3 years every time I start something new then there is a shortage on that item - carbide dies, specific powders, primers, etc. :s0054:
Good to hear you are doing better and a course of action for a recovery path has been made.
Scary stuff that we geriatric challenged humans have to endure. :s0060:

Enjoy the path down rifle loading. Check every charge till you are comfortable with your powder dispenser.

Since I may have a buyer for the turret press I went ahead and made up some 44MAG test loads for the 220 grain lead bullets, sized and flared the remaining primed cases.

FC4BC437-3073-41D1-BC40-2215CDE1F6A3.jpeg

Last Edited:
I couldn't bare to scrap reusable brass so I decided to start processing 400+ cases of that IK21 brass I've had for eons it seems. That red sealant on the primer is like super glue. :s0075:
I may finish it up the last 600 at a later date since resizing it is hard on the shoulder which I'm still doing PT.
The shining light is that it does not need swaging. :s0108:

I will tell you this, this brass is not for the faint of heart nor the physically challenged. :eek::eek::eek:

I couldn't bare to scrap reusable brass so I decided to start processing 400+ cases of that IK21 brass I've had for eons it seems. That red sealant on the primer is like super glue. :s0075:
I may finish it up the last 600 at a later date since resizing it is hard on the shoulder which I'm still doing PT.
The shining light is that it does not need swaging. :s0108:

I will tell you this, this brass is not for the faint of heart nor the physically challenged. :eek::eek::eek:
Are you using the Squirrel Daddy Decapping pin?

No loading only un-loading. I finally got to shoot my 2nd batch of 25-06 test loads and got one for the Hornady 117gr bullets to shoot a 3/4" group and one for the 87gr Speer TNT's to shoot a 7/8" group both at 100 yds. I'll leave the Hornady load alone as a wetside hunting load so that one is done. I might tinker with the seating depth on the Speer bullet it's pretty good right now but maybe I can tighten it up a bit. The 102 Lehighs still need work. Best group I got was 1 1/2". I suppose it's good enough for Pigs under 100 yds.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top