JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, a bunch of years ago (just trust me on this), while still in the Navy, I decided to take my .50 caliber mountain rifle to sea with me and sand the 'factory finish' off, removing the cheek swell (I'm left-handed) in the process. After removing the plastic-like finish, I found a totally awesome blonde streak through the stock wood. It should be noted that this was not a laminated stock, but natural walnut. So, for all those out there with muzzlestuffers, you might want to get back back to basics, and see what's under that factory finish.

Well, I was on a ship with women, the vast majority of which were very professional I might add. But, I was a married man at the time, so . . . I have no idea of what you speak.

Did that sound convincing . . . ?

In the 1970's and 80's....
Thompson Center , Marlin , Savage and Mossberg....firearms often had stocks with a lot of curl and character.

In any event...
Taking a firearm and doing work on it to make truly yours and fit how you shoot ...
As well as what you like , is a good thing to do.
Andy

The original finish was an absolutely homogenous red-brown walnut, and smooth like it was polyurethaned. After removing the cheek swell and sanding the entire stock, I did the thinned oil soak (linseed, I think) about twenty times, letting it soak in and then completely dry before a light sanding and then the next coat.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top