JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What are the wait times everyone is experiencing once the suppressor gets to the shop to when it's certified and forms filed with the ATF? I have been waiting over 2 months now and have reached out to Silencer Shop and my dealer. Dealer says he's waiting on Silencer Shop to complete the forms and got a confusing email back from SS that pretty much said demand has slowed the process. Actually started the process on 2/8. Not the first time this has happened with SS and trying to determine if it's my dealer or SS that is the problem.
Also, log into your SilencerShop account, then go to this link-https://www.silencershop.com/dealerprice/dealer/myorders . It should show you more detail about where your can is in the process. What does it say when you view your order through this link?

To clarify, have you completed your Form 4, or are you still waiting on that? If you havent, that is WAY to long to wait to just get to the "ready to certify" the Form 4 process. Once the suppressor gets to the shop, it should only be a couple of days if your dealer processes them on a regular basis to take inventory of it, then maybe a day tops for SilencerShop to review everything and then move to the 'ready to certify' phase. I assume you have been logged into your SilencerShop account and reviewed where it stands? If you have already completed the Form 4 and submitted to ATF, then yeah unfortunately if you didnt get a fast approval or did it with a trust, you may be in for a wait. However your SilencerShop account should then show "Pending ATF approval". I am guessing that is not what has happened yet. I havre bought now 9 suppressors in the last month or so, with two last week, and last week it took about a day from when the can reached my FFL until I was 'ready to certify' . . .
On SS it shows preparing for eforms. This is the 3rd purchase through SS. The first was decent and that got worse every time. Another dealer had a suppressor I was looking for in stock and thought about purchasing. As soon as he told me they used SS I walked away. Not doing it again!

On SS it shows preparing for eforms. This is the 3rd purchase through SS. The first was decent and that got worse every time. Another dealer had a suppressor I was looking for in stock and thought about purchasing. As soon as he told me they used SS I walked away. Not doing it again!
Dang that sucks-so you havent even gotten to the 'read to certify' or Form 4 filed phase. How long has the can been at the dealer? It is my understanding that the dealer has to complete some things on their side once the can is delivered, then SilencerShop has to complete some things on their side, and then it should move to the 'ready to certify' step. My last two, which were last week, took about a day once the can arrived at my dealer. No way it should take months!

Dang that sucks-so you havent even gotten to the 'read to certify' or Form 4 filed phase. How long has the can been at the dealer? It is my understanding that the dealer has to complete some things on their side once the can is delivered, then SilencerShop has to complete some things on their side, and then it should move to the 'ready to certify' step. My last two, which were last week, took about a day once the can arrived at my dealer. No way it should take months!
I think it has been at my dealer for about 2 1/2 months. I ordered it before the fast wait times with the ATF got going. I just sent another email to SS. I am normally a patient person but about ready to lose it! I actually ordered a new custom rifle at the same time and it was delivered last week. Sad a rifle can be built faster than a computer form can be generated! This can was supposed to go on my rifle. Planning on an antelope hunt this fall and want to do a lot of shooting with the exact setup I plan on using for the hunt.

I think it has been at my dealer for about 2 1/2 months. I ordered it before the fast wait times with the ATF got going. I just sent another email to SS. I am normally a patient person but about ready to lose it! I actually ordered a new custom rifle at the same time and it was delivered last week. Sad a rifle can be built faster than a computer form can be generated! This can was supposed to go on my rifle. Planning on an antelope hunt this fall and want to do a lot of shooting with the exact setup I plan on using for the hunt.
Oh man, that is crazy! Waaay too long for it to be sitting there without getting to 'ready to certify'. You have been more than patient at this point waiting 2.5 months for that next step. . .

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top