JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is this just a difference between rifles and pistols, or it is possible to tune pistol's trigger system? Maybe it's just this brand and model are different, although it was the cheapest rifle I could buy in 5.56.
Again, I don't care about the amount of pressure, but the distance of the creep. Are there pistol brands that feel more like the rifle experience I described?
Nope, it is the difference between a good trigger and a bad trigger. I have many very creepy rifles, i.e. milsurplus rifles. I also have many pistols with crisp triggers... several aren't even 1911's.

I bought a new Desert L5 in 50ae (when I turned 50). I was so disappointed in the trigger! I started researching what it would take to clean up the DE trigger. A few thousand rounds later it has worked itself in and is now a VERY good crisp trigger... all on its own without having to do any alterations to the trigger. It is a little heavier than my tuned 1911 triggers but just as crisp... it is about as heavy as a factory 1911 trigger.

Some triggers are just creepy and will always be creepy without a help from a good smith. I have tuned triggers on my 1911 target pistols and my Remington 700 target rifles. I find it does help my accuracy to have a good crisp trigger.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads