JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Then a permanent mounted bayonet would be useless with suppressor on. Put a rail on the bottom of the suppressor. Then a light could also be used if not a bayonet. And for a shorter hand guard, more room for your offhand.
A simple fact is that number 1, bayonet if rail mounted would not be permanent. My guns frequently have suppressor tucked into the handguard.

I realize I already referenced the shorter, more obscure variant, but for that matter: mo' .500 Magnum options. There is Smith, of course. Taurus used to make a double-action, but it was discontinued some time ago. Beyond that, the BFR is made in said, albeit the ungainly long cylinder version, and it is a single-action. There's one lever-gun I'm aware of in the five-oh round, though gorgeous, isn't an inexpensive option. Beyond that, I'm not sure of much else. I vaguely recall Thompson-Center and H&R made single shots in the cartridge, but not sure of the current production, and you're limited to one round. So, for a double-action wheelgun, you're looking at a Smith, and a repeating long-gun is not going to be kind to the wallet.

I realize I already referenced the shorter, more obscure variant, but for that matter: mo' .500 Magnum options. There is Smith, of course. Taurus used to make a double-action, but it was discontinued some time ago. Beyond that, the BFR is made in said, albeit the ungainly long cylinder version, and it is a single-action. There's one lever-gun I'm aware of in the five-oh round, though gorgeous, isn't an inexpensive option. Beyond that, I'm not sure of much else. I vaguely recall Thompson-Center and H&R made single shots in the cartridge, but not sure of the current production, and you're limited to one round. So, for a double-action wheelgun, you're looking at a Smith, and a repeating long-gun is not going to be kind to the wallet.
But dang, that lever gun is a surprisingly soft shooter. It didn't used to be the current cost. (While mine was being built prices more than doubled) But if one were to need the power... I am intrigued by the .500 automax. I am tempted to get a pistol and SBR it.

But dang, that lever gun is a surprisingly soft shooter. It didn't used to be the current cost. (While mine was being built prices more than doubled) But if one were to need the power... I am intrigued by the .500 automax. I am tempted to get a pistol and SBR it.
Yah, I remember when Big Horn started making them it was pricey, but not terrible considering. I checked later and the price shot up to well over twice than the past. Not sure what happened. Maybe inflation got'em in a big way.

Something like a Ruger 77/44 on steroids in the big .50 would be neato. If it could be made to work, a self-shucker à la the Ruger Deerfield in the half-inch cartridge would be gonzo fun too. Not holding my breath on either. :s0165:

Indeed, the .500 Automax is an intriguing development. :)

Something like a Ruger 77/44 on steroids in the big .50 would be neato.
Neato is an understatement! I think the 77/357 and 77/44 short rifles are cool, but the 500 in one would make me hand over my wallet.
What a short range hammer that would be! Should be able to hold three in the mag. Put a 16-18" barrel on it and put it in a Hogue stock. Go ahead and put a Pic rail on it if need be, but make sure the receiver is cut for good ol Ruger rings.

Semi auto 10mm.

There's the Hi Point, but blow-back has issues, at least for me . The CMMG is neat, but I haven't looked into whether or not they got past the initial teething problems - besides, it's pricey for what it is. MP5 (7?) stuff is out there but not in the barrel length I'd want (and the price thing again). What's-his-butt has got the gas AR project sorted out, just don't trust functionality (10mm is truly mild to wild).

What I want is something along the lines of a Ruger PC Carbine w/ roller delay :)

200grs @ 1,450fps = perfect 75yrd gun for everything (down here) :)

Semi auto 10mm.

There's the Hi Point, but blow-back has issues, at least for me . The CMMG is neat, but I haven't looked into whether or not they got past the initial teething problems - besides, it's pricey for what it is. MP5 (7?) stuff is out there but not in the barrel length I'd want (and the price thing again). What's-his-butt has got the gas AR project sorted out, just don't trust functionality (10mm is truly mild to wild).

What I want is something along the lines of a Ruger PC Carbine w/ roller delay :)

200grs @ 1,450fps = perfect 75yrd gun for everything (down here) :)
Just watched a video on this today.

Just watched a video on this today.

Sootchoo sounds like he's just reading the propaganda from all the companies he shills for. Never once heard him say the gun he was "reviewing" was a pile of crud. I'll wait for the honest outlaw or mrgunsngear for real info

Sootchoo sounds like he's just reading the propaganda from all the companies he shills for. Never once heard him say the gun he was "reviewing" was a pile of crud. I'll wait for the honest outlaw or mrgunsngear for real info
There are lots of reviews on it out now. Soem good authors:

View: https://youtu.be/wjIygdI3C5g?si=WchSdXid0BQsVZD_

View: https://youtu.be/YFa8DwSAhqw?si=68eEk9EdEnrWgvq0

View: https://youtu.be/bURjatZAF-g?si=Wx76poI-vTqeMXEL

Also about 10 other reviews on YouTube that I don't recognize the authors so could be good or bad author quality I don't know.

I'm on the fence about the Stribog 10mm. Power wise it's less than a 10.5" .223 or 300BLK (see 8" 10mm annotation in graph below). And way less than .308 12.5" which is one of the funnest guns on the planet to shoot for me (prob cuz roller delayed). My 9mm Stribog has never had a malfunction and accuracy is better than mp5 or mp5k clones so no concerns at all for me about reliability or accuraccy.

99F4C165-D4ED-4CD4-A3CE-BC4E1C46802F.jpeg

Last Edited:
I'm on the fence about the Stribog 10mm. Power wise it's a bit less than a 10.5" .223 or 300BLK (see 8" 10mm annotation in graph below). And way less than .308 12.5" which is one of the funnest guns on the planet to shoot for me. My 9mm Stribog has never had a malfunction and accuracy is better than mp5 or mp5k clones so no concerns at all for me about reliability or accuraccy.

View attachment 1880697
I'm on the fence about 10mm in general. Not sure it's doing anything for me my .45s don't other than drain my wallet faster. Lots of power, but how much power do I need to make a steel plate go ping?

I'm on the fence about 10mm in general. Not sure it's doing anything for me my .45s don't other than drain my wallet faster. Lots of power, but how much power do I need to make a steel plate go ping?
If it was half the price I would buy it in one second. But I have subguns in 9mm, SBRs in intermediate calibers, and a BRCC (Battle Rifle Caliber Carbine) :s0112: So it seems like a lot of overlap with the 10mm and I'm not sure it's worth the $ to add a 10mm subgun.

If it was half the price I would buy it in one second. But I have subguns in 9mm, SBRs in intermediate calibers, and a BRCC (Battle Rifle Caliber Carbine) :s0112: So it seems like a lot of overlap with the 10mm and I'm not sure it's worth the $ to add a 10mm subgun.
I have a bunch of 1911s. Doesn't stop me from buying more. Just cause there's overlap doesn't mean I can't enjoy em. I have at least 3 government 5" .45 models. So what.

I have a bunch of 1911s. Doesn't stop me from buying more. Just cause there's overlap doesn't mean I can't enjoy em. I have at least 3 government 5" .45 models. So what.
Yea I'm sure I would enjoy it. I just don't see the value in it for me at $1200ish. If it was $600ish I wouldn't even have to think about it for more than a second or two. It would easily be worth it to me. Especially cuz it's roller delayed.

I guess it just boils down to preference; I guess I could buy a lever gun in 357 and have almost all the performance of a 10, but that's not what I want :)

I guess it just boils down to preference; I guess I could buy a lever gun in 357 and have almost all the performance of a 10, but that's not what I want :)
For sure. I bought a .44 just for the .44 experience. And several .357s because I need all the barrels lengths or I can't get in the tree house. Own 4 10mms and like em fine, just not sure if it's for me...

10mm is a real powerhouse of pistol cartridges

Yea I'm sure I would enjoy it. I just don't see the value in it for me at $1200ish. If it was $600ish I wouldn't even have to think about it for more than a second or two. It would easily be worth it to me. Especially cuz it's roller delayed.
Totally get it. There are guns I'd love to have and would be willing to spend a shiny penny on but they want a shiny nickel instead. Sucks to be a working man sometimes

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top