JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was given a Pagan for my birthday. It's my first OTF knife. I had two questions for any owners out there. One, what kind of maintenance should I do? (i.e. I noticed there was oil on the blade when I opened it up the first time). Two, will the opening mechanism loosen over time?

I didn't find any basic maintenance instructions in the box, other then the usual warranty fold out.

I have an Infidel. I don't do much maintenance, but I also take it to Benchmade a couple times a year for a sharpening and tune up.

I figure I'll make a few trips to the Holy Land, just didn't know if I needed to oil the knife periodically.

I never do. I let them do it for me. And it's a cool place to visit. Lots of display knives and a comfy couch right inside the main entrance!

My experience with OTF knives is the less oil the better for the mechanism, if you are worried about the blade I would apply a wax to the blade.

Think about where you're carrying it. I wouldn't want all that junk stuck up in the oil on my knife. I have an Infidel, don't carry it much as I have a CLA which I prefer to carry. I'm w/Kruejl, once or twice a year back to BM and all's well in the world.

I have many OTF knives and edc a Halo 5 for many years now. Just give them a flush of zippo fluid now and then to melt all the crap out of it and your good. Easy peasy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top