JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you ever stretched out one of those 2 and a 1/2 inch barrel guns at a 100 yd? It's actually quite surprising how accurate they are. Especially if you're shooting off a bench once you find the aiming point.
I can honestly say I've not pushed them quite that far, not yet. I do know they've got some serious accuracy with a load they like. Even out at distance.

I've gone 25-30 yards with the 642 and 148 gr hbwc's, and have been impressed and surprised. Always thought of those 2" .38's as close up, give 'em powder burns type of guns. But with careful trigger work and, as you say, bench rested, they're surprising.

I can honestly say I've not pushed them quite that far, not yet. I do know they've got some serious accuracy with a load they like. Even out at distance.

I've gone 25-30 yards with the 642 and 148 gr hbwc's, and have been impressed and surprised. Always thought of those 2" .38's as close up, give 'em powder burns type of guns. But with careful trigger work and, as you say, bench rested, they're surprising.
With the right load, it can actually be quite shocking. I think the limiting factor is the combat sites and old eyes. 😆 . I've got a load with 700 X out of my model 36 3 inch that is indescribably good. Fixed sites, all black what the heck?

Out of all my revolvers I'll nominate the SW 627-5 as best.

8 times 357 Magnum is stamped right on the side

SW 627-5.jpg 627 Left Side.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews