JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The muzzle brakes are totally worth it. Most people are ignorant of them. I can shoot accurately at rate of fire of 300 rounds per minute (same as an AR shooting fast) with my Ak 12 gauge (lynx 12). No way in hades could I do that without the brake. It really is a 50-70% reduction. Gk-01 brake (haven't tried gk-02 or gk-03) is my favorite but v6 brake is pretty good also. SDS gk-01 clone is $60ish but is pretty heavy.
Useful info.

My Shockwave is almost uncontrollable with 3" magnum ammo. I have considered getting a Carlson's Vang ported barrel - I might still and add a muzzle device.

Useful info.

My Shockwave is almost uncontrollable with 3" magnum ammo. I have considered getting a Carlson's Vang ported barrel - I might still and add a muzzle device.
I've never shot a ported one but I cant imagine it coming anywhere close to the reduction from a good brake. Maybe someone has data on recoil reduction from porting out there I've never looked for it.

Look at how much gas is diverted from the shot using a brake. It's a huge amount and that's why they are so effective.

BTW - a good way to know that the brace rule (now in purgatory) did not apply to "firearms" like the VRF, is the fact that the ATF did not accept stamp applications for them during the brief time you could get a free stamp for an SBR.

FYI Palmetto lists overall length at 26" so the company must be mistaken and citing rules that were effective during the brace rule time only (unless palmetto length listed is wrong).
Screenshot 2024-05-26 050209.png

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top