JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I keep my phone on so I can stay in contact with my daughter - if she needs anything she can just call/text me.
Well, there's that. If I leave the house without my wife, I keep my phone on so she can call me.

But we don't keep a phone in our bedroom. I don't want one of her (not my) kids calling me at 2am saying they ran out of gas, and I don't trust them not to do that. I think if I helped them out just once, I'd be doing it every other week.

I don't know of a truer expression than "if you give them an inch they'll take a mile." (There probably are some truer expressions, I just can't think of them right now :D).

But we don't keep a phone in our bedroom. I don't want one of her (not my) kids calling me at 2am saying they ran out of gas, and I don't trust them not to do that. I think if I helped them out just once, I'd be doing it every other week.
My daughter is a capable adult and does not call me unless she really needs help. Her husband works on the far side of Portland, and they only have the one car, so if she needs a ride to healthcare, or something like that, I am a lot closer than he is. Usually it is a FB message that her internet access has gone down and her IT people blame her router/etc. - she works from home.

It isn't very often that I get a call - we do FB message several times a week though, but not when I am asleep, unless it is an emergency.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top