JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never knew I livin' high on the hog with my Shoot-n-See targets !

Attachments

• 5-2-19 P80 two-handed I.png
    5-2-19 P80 two-handed I.png
    675.9 KB · Views: 14
I can always find a deal on them at Midway USA.

The ones I usually get are currently 32 cents each.

If I want a target smaller than 1 inch, I use squares of masting tape. I stick these to whatever cardboard I've saved from packaging. I don't like the corrugated as much, but I usually have plenty of whatever you call the non-corrugated.

We eat various frozen dinners and pizzas. The boxes they come in when pulled apart make various sized targets to shoot at. Pizza box makes good center mass target and a section of a small frozen dinner box makes the head target. Overlap boxes and now you have shoot, don't shoot targets. I always make the darker box the shoot targets (oh no you didn't).
I have so many, I need to recycle some or give away.

My girl orders a ton off Amazon (I know, I know) that being said, cardboard of various sizes is all readily available.

For larger pieces of cardboard recycling day every other week provides for larger targets from neighbors. And if that trash panda activity isn't someone's speed, Costco has large "slip sheets" of cardboard. They go through hundreds in a few days.. simply ask and they'll give you some. Average sizes are about 5ft by 3-4ft. (Huge)

Last Edited:
My indoor local range also sells targets for a dollar each however every time I'm there, I just buy their cardboard backer and bring my own targets being splatter reactive as when I went to that indoor range, it was usually to teach a new person and such reactive targets made it easier for the person to see where they hit..

If I am shooting a large cartridge or expensive match bullets at 200 yards, the cost of the target is insignificant. It is costly shooting a 200 yard target and not being able to see the hit, it costs a round each time.

For shorter distances, official rifle targets are cheap when bought in bulk and official ipsc and uspsa targets are cheap when you buy tape and paste them.

Paper plates here.. spray paint a dot on them.
If we are comparing price per target, how does that compare to paper targets? I get mine online for about .10 each, so the ones with 4 targets on a sheet come in at .025 per target. I get that nothing is cheaper than trash paper you already have, but buying paper plates and paint actually seems more expensive than those cheap "NRA standard" targets you can find in bulk packs almost anywhere, and there is zero labor involved to boot.

If we are comparing price per target, how does that compare to paper targets? I get mine online for about .10 each, so the ones with 4 targets on a sheet come in at .025 per target. I get that nothing is cheaper than trash paper you already have, but buying paper plates and paint actually seems more expensive than those cheap "NRA standard" targets you can find in bulk packs almost anywhere, and there is zero labor involved to boot.
The good thing about paper plates (I buy the cheap ones and the same brand/thing that are waterproofed with plastic) is you can staple and or tape them to most anything and they're rigid enough to withstand wind without a backer even if you just use one thumbtack on a twig.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top