JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Starting to hear the term 'alpha' glass thrown around a little bit and it got me curious: what piece of alpha glass do you own and why did you buy the brand you did??

I'll start: Swarovski NL Pure 10x42. After hunting with Vortex DB HDs for about a decade, I started bird watching more and more. After glassing through a friend's set of SLCs I was sold: alpha glass is worth the coin! Hoping to see Swarovski drop a 15x option very soon...I'd like more power and don't believe 'big eyes' is a viable option with my IPD.

Marsupial medium enclosed pouch stores my glass while hunting, but I often will carry or neck strap if birding only.

In my opinion binos and spotters need their own space for this conversation apart from rifle scopes - which are an entirely different beast!

Only recently learned Swar owns Kahles! Sounds like Swar rifle scopes are staying in the SFP world while the Kahles line is exclusively FFP. Correct me if you have heard or know otherwise!
My understanding is that Kahles purchased Swaro to use as the dialing scopes. I've read that the equivalent scopes use the same glass.

Best field glasses I ever owned were a pair of Steiner 10x50's that followed me home from the Army.
A long time ago...a fella offered me a stupid good cash offer for 'em....
So I sold 'em.....now I wish I hadn't.....oh well.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads