JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Decided that if I want a vehicle that will be decent in bad times my Prius and Mazda 3 were not going to cut it. Went out this weekend and traded the Prius for a used Jeep. It is not the Jeep I really wanted. In fact, I pretty much ignored my entire "must have" list when I saw this one...but any jeep is better than a Prius. Now I will be prepared to make a run for it when the Zombies come. I even have a Zombie huntin' co-pilot.

jeep.jpg Jeepcopilot.jpg

Oh now you've done it...

Once you start modifying a Jeep Wrangler is simply NEVER ENDS>

Dollars to doughnuts you spend at least $2 grand on it in the next 2 months.

I own a 94 wrangler and find it very reliable as long as I don't get far from the shop. It does look good in the driveway though.:D

It's a sickness...Save yourself while you still can.
Don't go to Evans Creek ORV, Elbe Hills and god forbid Browns Camp down in Tillamook State Forest.
You'll have way too much fun and never stop wheeling till the day you die.
e9w605.jpg

I will give you huge props for admitting to owing a Prius on this forum. That took some major sack in my opinion.

Just for that reason, I will forgo any Prius smack in this thread at least.

Before you mod anything, spend some time on Pirate4x4, look at what had worked best for others. It will save you money in the long run. The recipe seems to be 2" lift, PSC fenders and body armor, 40s. Usually people get the Rubicon, since it comes with D44 axles and factory lockers, but aftermarket axles are preferable anyhow.

Well great grandson that's a nice little rig you have there.

As to guys tell you how much money you can put into your " Jeep" I have no sympathy I am currently Modernizing and Hot Rodding a 1948 Willys that my dad bought in 1962. You want to talk about money going into 81" of wheel base. I can tell you. I have been working on this project off and on since bringing the Willys home in 2005 I figure I currently have about 5K in it and it was a running driving rig when I parked it in Sept of 1976. I figure by the time I can slam the doors on the aluminum hard top I will build for it next winter I will have close to 11K in it. And I am still running the original engine, tranny, upgraded transfercase but same model as original. Newer Brakes, Steering, Electrical, Instruments, Lighting, Frame mods, Tires & Wheels, Upgraded rear axle, Pretty much everything that can be done without altering the look and feel of the rig or swapping the engine.

But Grandpa drives a Willys and that son is a REAL JEEP.

LOL

All we have are 4WDs. Husband has JK like yours, I have the Grand Cherokee. We also have "Rebelicious" (OD 1973 Chevy 1500 with 38" tires) and the big Ford that sits with a cabover camper on it. I got stuck in a terrible rainstorm one time in my Camaro and vowed I'd never buy another "car". I love my Jeep :D Congrats on yours.

That is a nice looking vehicle, I can see why you were moved to buy it. Aren't you concerned about zombies getting through your soft top though?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top