JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're talking about this like it's a "hypothetical". Zombies are real. They vote democrat, and they are running the country. The head zombie goes by the name "Nancie Pelosi". Be ware!

The trouble with the fence idea is if you get enough starving zombies pushing on the fence they WILL knock it over. A better bet would be an old-style concrete "castle" wall with murder holes in the over hanging top (about 20 feet up) for just-in-case. :s0155:

Better to shoot them at a distance to avoid piling the bodies at the base of the wall. :D

Many of these items have been discussed in this excellent reference.

My observations thus far:

Although Bear Grylls does it on TV, I'm not so sure I would eat decaying 'meat'.

Zombies are unaffected by electricity (see reference).

Machine gun would be nice but might require 'mop up' operations. As you know zombies require an incapacitating shot to the frontal lobe of brain. Also bear in mind that they are different heights (approximately same height when they were alive). Those not struck in the skull will most likely continue to scrape and crawl in your direction .

zombie-survival-guide.jpg

Many of these items have been discussed in this excellent reference.

Zombies are unaffected by electricity (see reference).

Machine gun would be nice but might require 'mop up' operations. As you know zombies require an incapacitating shot to the frontal lobe of brain. Also bear in mind that they are different heights (approximately same height when they were alive). Those not struck in the skull will most likely continue to scrape and crawl in your direction .

I love that book, I'm about half way through that and world war z right now. And electricity will work, but only if it is high voltage enough to cause the brain to fry. A very high voltage (letal voltage) electric fence would work, but that requires a lot of power and being off the grid wouldn't be a good idea to rely on it unless you had a completely self contained (solar, wind) power setup and could save enough high voltage to keep it powered for multiple discharges.

Machine guns wouldn't be too useful here, a good and accurate rifle would be ideal as you can sight in with your favorite optics and pick them off one by one with headshots. I would actually recommend a .22 for this as it doesn't have the power to go in and out of the skull (assuming it isn't too far rotted) and actually bounce around the brain cavity causing more damage. + You can stock pile tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition very easily.

When you ingest the meat, you also ingest the virus that is in their body. You won't get sick, you will become one of them. And when you do, it's headshot time, or alligators whichever is more convenient :dunno

You can safely eat an animal with Rabies as long as you make sure it is well cooked. I would imagine the zombie virus and Rabies are similar.

You can safely eat an animal with Rabies as long as you make sure it is well cooked. I would imagine the zombie virus and Rabies are similar.
The Zombie Survival Guide said:
Humans have never been known to contract the virus from elements in nature. Infection can occur only through direct fluidic contact. A zombie bite, althoug by far the most recognizble means of transference, is by no means the only one. Humans have been infected by brusing their open wounds against those of a zombie or by being splattered by its remains after an exposion. Ingestion of infected flesh (provided the person has no open mouth sores), however, results in permanent death rather than infection. Infected flesh has proven to be highly toxic.

I retract my previous statement, you won't turn into a zombie if you eat it, you will just die.

Many of these items have been discussed in this

Seems like an effective strategy would be to snipe at their kneecaps as soon as possible. This would reduce them all to about the same height since they would become 'crawlers" instead of 'walkers." Then you make a run with the 4x4 (lifted), or enclosed cab John Deere to smash the heads.

Seems like an effective strategy would be to snipe at their kneecaps as soon as possible. This would reduce them all to about the same height since they would become 'crawlers" instead of 'walkers." Then you make a run with the 4x4 (lifted), or enclosed cab John Deere to smash the heads.

:s0155:

You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created. -Albert Einstein

It probably wouldn't be too hard to update a street sweeper with a bunch of lawnmower parts...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top