JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay, am I the only one here that is looney toons enough to admit I enjoy going to Wal-Mart very late at night?

The reason I enjoy it is because there is not a soul there and it feels like you are alone in the store. I like to imagine that is what it would be like if you managed to barricade yourself in during the zombie apocalypse. I even make plans in my head of how you would move certain items from temporary storage to the freezers for longer storage (if the power stays on) and how you would eat perishable items first and save canned goods for last. I like to plan out which items would need to be secured into a central area such as batteries, ammo, lights, propane stove, etc. I also like to figure what area of the store could be used as a secure place for living. Such as an office area that is more secure and hopefully had access to the roof.

I even go as far as planning how many people I would allow in and what type of people. I then decide on a defensive strategy.

I know...I have way too much free time and a warped sense of entertainment. :D

I wouldn't worry so much about zombies as I would the people you find here:

Funny Pictures at WalMart
ah I LOVE that site!
PBP, you're not alone with the late-nite trips to Wally's-- a few years ago when I was a touring musicoid, we'd inevitably end up in WalMarts at 3 a.m. for food & props for the show. Best time was with The Enigma picking up a new chainsaw for the show... where else are you gonna see a tall, friendly 100% puzzle-piece tattooed fella buying a chainsaw at 3 a.m... he's definitely on my team to battle zombies :)

Heck a single WalMart could probably feed, clothe & arm a buncha people for a gooooood long stretch. Sign me up to be the recreational activities director :s0114:

Last Edited:
THis summer I worked on a WalMart remodel in Salem....We started roofing at 1:00 AM....The zombies were there then and all through the morning. Especially at the can return machine... An employee told me that they take in $10,000.00 in cans a day at that location (no typo)...Avoid the can return area when zombies attack.

W44

Just remember - if you still have power you need to haul a BBQ up on the roof so you don't set off the fire sprinklers while grilling a nice tri-tip and use the forklifts to move some of the shelving units to block the doors and windows:cool: Oh - red wine, garlic, crushed red peppers, some fresh rosemary and soy sauce make a great marinade

We always joke that if we are ever homesick for the south we just have to go to a local WalMart. it is just like being back in rural Mississippi. Lots of disability checks riding around on rascals, tons of dentally challenged people, overweight mothers pulling six or seven kids behind them, lots of strectch pants having their maximum tolerance tested, guys in trucker hats that feel bathing is overrated, etc.

One good thing about going to WalMart is that it does wonders for self asteem. I can usually look around and say "I might just be the best looking, most educated, and most hygienic person in this entire store." :D

I hate going to Walmart because it feels like my IQ goes down about 20 points just by walking thru the doors. I don't know if the general ignorance of the clientele is contagious but I always end up feeling like I have to yell at my kids and put on an extra coat of makeup so I don't get kicked out.

I hate going to Walmart because it feels like my IQ goes down about 20 points just by walking thru the doors. I don't know if the general ignorance of the clientele is contagious but I always end up feeling like I have to yell at my kids and put on an extra coat of makeup so I don't get kicked out.

Gee was that YOU?????:s0114::s0114:

I almost spewed on my keyboard at this!:s0114:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads