JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just finished reading 2nd book of PAW fiction where the protagonists were dealing with zombie humans and rats.

The guy effectively set the city on fire and blew it up with gasoline from a storage facility flooded into the sewer system, then the rats left the city and took over his house on a hill.

Two books.

It occurred to me that there was a simpler solution:

CAT-Compactor-Dozer.jpg

Ummmm, shouldn't your post start with "Spoiler Alert" :cool:
I never gave the name of the book

Also, this could apply to almost any zombie apocalypse story whether it is a book or a movie.

I do not recall any book or movie where this was tried. One book/story tried an armored car and it got stuck, but I think the compactor or a dozer would work just fine.

The other thing I noticed in some zombie stories; melee weapons.

It seems to me that if you have enough room to swing a bat with nails in it, that you have enough room to bring a shotgun to bear, even more room for a handgun.

Of course, they are preserving ammo, but with say, 90% of humans gone, there should be plenty of ammo laying around (that's what I didn't get about the Walking Dead; deep south, and almost nobody could find guns or ammo?).

The other thing I noticed in some zombie stories; melee weapons.

It seems to me that if you have enough room to swing a bat with nails in it, that you have enough room to bring a shotgun to bear, even more room for a handgun.

Of course, they are preserving ammo, but with say, 90% of humans gone, there should be plenty of ammo laying around (that's what I didn't get about the Walking Dead; deep south, and almost nobody could find guns or ammo?).
I bailed on Walking Dead (the show) when they were using flashlight tubes as effective suppressors taped to Glocks.

Taping stuff to Glocks struck me as something very Southern, but the rest was a bridge too far.

Well, there was this one guy that used an up armored bull dozer to destroy a town but I never seen one of those used.

Also, the noise from guns attracts zombies, so they say, and sooner or later you will run out of ammo so that's when the melee weapons come in.

So now all that is needed is some expanded metal/cage over the windows a MA DUCE mounted on the roof and a good road warrior paint job and she be ready to go.

No zombie movie or book is based in the reality, that if you wait it out, they will just rot away. Then that big yellow thing, or any front loader, will help scoop up the crap left behind.

So now all that is needed is some expanded metal/cage over the windows a MA DUCE mounted on the roof and a good road warrior paint job and she be ready to go.
The common theme of zombie shooting is that shooting them in the head stops them, anywhere else doesn't count (although it might slow them down). So, a .22 rimfire, as long as it reaches the brain, is adequate. Indeed, one zombie story I read, the protagonist took care of a zombie mob with a 10/22. They are "undead" and rotting, so maybe their skull is softer?

I.E., not .50 BMG needed - a belt fed .22 LR would be ok, but I would go for an AR57 or maybe a P90 with a suppressor.

But in the story I finished reading yesterday, the protagonist encountered a zombie with a metal plate in his head.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top