Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Zip

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by WhyteCheddar, Dec 2, 2012.

1. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

Saw the banner for this on the forum home page last night. First I have seen of it. Anyone actually seen one yet?
    Zip Factory The Future of Fun

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

cool concept. :laugh: that's about it.

3. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

looks about as much fun to shoot as a sping loaded stapler

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  4. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

and you get more shots with that and it's cheaper too

5. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

I like that its different. The modular aspect appeals to me.
    Would like to try it out.

6. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Old thread update -

ZIP guns have had awful reliability, which they blame on the BX-25 mags :nuts:

However, ZIP is coming out with a BX-25 kit that supposedly improves the BX-25 and specifically the follower. It will work with any 10/22, and if it really does improve the magazines reliability, I'll be a buyer.

The BX-25 is the best 10/22 mag, but heck, anything can be improved. The follower comes up higher and the rounds appear to snap up with more stability.

Should be interesting. http://www.zipfactory.com/pages/ZiPMagUpgradeBX-25.aspx

7. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I have seen one in my LGS, picked it up and checked it out.....I'm not sure what to think of them. I did see online where a guy had a tactical type 10/22 stock with a lower rail on the forearm and he mounted a ZIP underneath like an m203 grenade launcher.

8. Keane

Keane Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Thus creating an SBR? Without paperwork, that is a felony!

9. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I believe that makes the ZIP an NFA item since the host weapon is acting like a stock. (Keane - who said it wasn't registered? - a pic online, geez ...)

The ZIP gun itself isn't really a big attraction for me and I like goofy 10/22 conversions. A better option is a converted Charger with 4" or so barrel and a ProMag kit. Then stick a red dot on it, lazer, light and impress a lot of kids at the range :). Looks a lot cooler than the ZIP and reliable w/o the new BX-25 improvement kit.

The only ZIP gun I'd consider would be a suppressed one. That goofy charging handle/dohicky right next to the barrel makes me nervous. Goodbye fingers. A fake or real suppressor would at least keep the muzzle out there a bit.

10. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

I bought one cause it was cheap and I just wanted to try one. Fun range toy but not really anything practical. The grip is awkward and reliability is not perfect. It's best feature is it's strangeness. I am not unhappy to own one as I like weird gadgets :) I think my biggest disappointment with the manufacturer is that they dropped all those wonderful single actions to make the Zip guns :( Just don't understand that decision!

11. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I just saw it online...no affiliation.

12. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

If I wanted an SBR .22, I would probably convert a Charger like others have said. I have handled a zip at an LGS and it felt unwieldy and awkward. Add to that the reported reliability issues, and it seems more like an answer looking for a question...

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.