JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Old thread update -

ZIP guns have had awful reliability, which they blame on the BX-25 mags :nuts:

However, ZIP is coming out with a BX-25 kit that supposedly improves the BX-25 and specifically the follower. It will work with any 10/22, and if it really does improve the magazines reliability, I'll be a buyer.

The BX-25 is the best 10/22 mag, but heck, anything can be improved. The follower comes up higher and the rounds appear to snap up with more stability.

Should be interesting. http://www.zipfactory.com/pages/ZiPMagUpgradeBX-25.aspx

I have seen one in my LGS, picked it up and checked it out.....I'm not sure what to think of them. I did see online where a guy had a tactical type 10/22 stock with a lower rail on the forearm and he mounted a ZIP underneath like an m203 grenade launcher.

I have seen one in my LGS, picked it up and checked it out.....I'm not sure what to think of them. I did see online where a guy had a tactical type 10/22 stock with a lower rail on the forearm and he mounted a ZIP underneath like an m203 grenade launcher.

Thus creating an SBR? Without paperwork, that is a felony!

I believe that makes the ZIP an NFA item since the host weapon is acting like a stock. (Keane - who said it wasn't registered? - a pic online, geez ...)

The ZIP gun itself isn't really a big attraction for me and I like goofy 10/22 conversions. A better option is a converted Charger with 4" or so barrel and a ProMag kit. Then stick a red dot on it, lazer, light and impress a lot of kids at the range :). Looks a lot cooler than the ZIP and reliable w/o the new BX-25 improvement kit.

The only ZIP gun I'd consider would be a suppressed one. That goofy charging handle/dohicky right next to the barrel makes me nervous. Goodbye fingers. A fake or real suppressor would at least keep the muzzle out there a bit.

I bought one cause it was cheap and I just wanted to try one. Fun range toy but not really anything practical. The grip is awkward and reliability is not perfect. It's best feature is it's strangeness. I am not unhappy to own one as I like weird gadgets :) I think my biggest disappointment with the manufacturer is that they dropped all those wonderful single actions to make the Zip guns :( Just don't understand that decision!

If I wanted an SBR .22, I would probably convert a Charger like others have said. I have handled a zip at an LGS and it felt unwieldy and awkward. Add to that the reported reliability issues, and it seems more like an answer looking for a question...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top