Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Zip

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by WhyteCheddar, Dec 2, 2012.

1. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

Saw the banner for this on the forum home page last night. First I have seen of it. Anyone actually seen one yet?
    Zip Factory The Future of Fun

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

cool concept. :laugh: that's about it.

3. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

looks about as much fun to shoot as a sping loaded stapler

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  4. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

and you get more shots with that and it's cheaper too

5. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

I like that its different. The modular aspect appeals to me.
    Would like to try it out.

6. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Old thread update -

ZIP guns have had awful reliability, which they blame on the BX-25 mags :nuts:

However, ZIP is coming out with a BX-25 kit that supposedly improves the BX-25 and specifically the follower. It will work with any 10/22, and if it really does improve the magazines reliability, I'll be a buyer.

The BX-25 is the best 10/22 mag, but heck, anything can be improved. The follower comes up higher and the rounds appear to snap up with more stability.

Should be interesting. http://www.zipfactory.com/pages/ZiPMagUpgradeBX-25.aspx

7. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I have seen one in my LGS, picked it up and checked it out.....I'm not sure what to think of them. I did see online where a guy had a tactical type 10/22 stock with a lower rail on the forearm and he mounted a ZIP underneath like an m203 grenade launcher.

8. Keane

Keane Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Thus creating an SBR? Without paperwork, that is a felony!

9. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I believe that makes the ZIP an NFA item since the host weapon is acting like a stock. (Keane - who said it wasn't registered? - a pic online, geez ...)

The ZIP gun itself isn't really a big attraction for me and I like goofy 10/22 conversions. A better option is a converted Charger with 4" or so barrel and a ProMag kit. Then stick a red dot on it, lazer, light and impress a lot of kids at the range :). Looks a lot cooler than the ZIP and reliable w/o the new BX-25 improvement kit.

The only ZIP gun I'd consider would be a suppressed one. That goofy charging handle/dohicky right next to the barrel makes me nervous. Goodbye fingers. A fake or real suppressor would at least keep the muzzle out there a bit.

10. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

I bought one cause it was cheap and I just wanted to try one. Fun range toy but not really anything practical. The grip is awkward and reliability is not perfect. It's best feature is it's strangeness. I am not unhappy to own one as I like weird gadgets :) I think my biggest disappointment with the manufacturer is that they dropped all those wonderful single actions to make the Zip guns :( Just don't understand that decision!

11. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I just saw it online...no affiliation.

12. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

If I wanted an SBR .22, I would probably convert a Charger like others have said. I have handled a zip at an LGS and it felt unwieldy and awkward. Add to that the reported reliability issues, and it seems more like an answer looking for a question...

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.