JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Go with a Bushnell HoloSight.

Hard to come by brand new. Based on some quick searching it appears that perhaps EoTech and Bushnell no longer have a licensing agreement and so a Bushnell Holosight no longer exists in so far as brand new goes.

Up close (under 10 yards or so) you aim a bit high due to the AR15 sight offset. This is only important for head shots or a barracaded opponent revealing little target, IMO

I cannot recommend this video package enough

Amazon.com: Art Of Tactical Carbine, Volumn 1, 2nd Edition: Chris Costa, Travis Haley: Sports & Outdoors

excerpts

Magpul Dynamics -Art of the Tactical Carbine trailer - YouTube

BLURAY -Art of the Tactical Carbine, Second Edition -Trailer - YouTube

Thanks. I knew this already but am not concerned about the up close and personal aspects so much (as far as this thread is concerned) as I am about moderate distance and zero's.

Lucid HD7 is a 1/3 co-witness, I measured mine at roughly 3in above bore. For $200 its got a whole lot going for it, about my only criticism is that I wish it had a QD mount option... and I suppose the exposed turrets are kind of silly on a red dot optic.

I use the 50yrd zero for all my 5.56mm rifles with irons and red dots. With M855 and a 3in sight height 50yrds and about 240yrds are dead on and everything in between is within 2.5in of point of aim.

Good ballistic calc: JBM - Calculations - Trajectory (Simplified)

Lucid HD7 is a 1/3 co-witness, I measured mine at roughly 3in above bore. For $200 its got a whole lot going for it, about my only criticism is that I wish it had a QD mount option... and I suppose the exposed turrets are kind of silly on a red dot optic.

I use the 50yrd zero for all my 5.56mm rifles with irons and red dots. With M855 and a 3in sight height 50yrds and about 240yrds are dead on and everything in between is within 2.5in of point of aim.

Good ballistic calc: JBM - Calculations - Trajectory (Simplified)

Good to know. Thanks!

I just ordered two Bushnell red dot holos off Amazon for $82 each. They are going on two AK47s

I did every search iteration of Bushnell holosight on Amazon and didn't see one. The only thing that is Bushnell and matches your price is the TRS-25. I have one of those on a Beretta CX4 and love it.

the only optiocs I've looked at recently have been Eotechs or sub-MOA optics for distance shooting.

Look, OP: Take the optic and mount it, then sight it in at the range at 50 yards (25 if you're using this for a HD weapon). Height of the mount doesn't matter once you take that sucker to the range and zero it. Some sights, because of Parallax, will take more doing than others. But then my RRA AR-15 was so out of zero it took me over an hour to zero it to 50 yards IRON SIGHTS. (I don't know what they factory zeroed it at, but it wasn't anywhere near what the manual stated.)

Once ANY sight is zeroed, it's zeroed unless you bumped it pretty darned bad.

Again, if you're gonna use this for a HD gun, you'd best go to the range and make damn sure you know where shots go at 3-7 yards. If you're making a hostage shot or a shot past cover, you NEED to know this. Center of Mass, not as much, but wouldn't you rather chest shots than missing?

I did every search iteration of Bushnell holosight on Amazon and didn't see one. The only thing that is Bushnell and matches your price is the TRS-25. I have one of those on a Beretta CX4 and love it.

That's what I went with.. it's very nice that they use the 2032 disc batteries that we use in Photon 2 keychain lights and also a few other optics.. just bought a 10 pack of Energizers for $0.87 each

The Bushnells are just temporary optics for the AKs and after I replace them with Eotechs they will be sighted in backups.. they will be on QD mounts

I wouldn't worry too much about sight height relative to zeroing, I'd worry much more about head position. If you don't have a stock with an adjustable comb height, you need to evaluate what height optic or mount puts you eye directly behind it. It's not such a big deal for an EOTech obviously, but the principal is still valid.

Oh, I use a 100 yard zero on all my rifles for the simple reason that it keeps me from having to remember which one is zeroed at what yardage. Too much mental energy. For the "minute of milk jug" accuracy you describe, it's irrelevant.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top