JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey brother you are spot on just thought it was funny it took you 9 1/2 years to come up with the answer!!! :s0121::s0023::s0140:

I generally only cruise the "new posts" threads and this thread was on the list. That is why I didn't bother looking at the timestamps, plus I was enjoying a nice hot refreshing cup of covfefe!

And getting distracted every six seconds by thoughts of boobies..... :s0023:

Should have waited a few months to make it an even decade! :)

Do you have any idea how much a bore sight would run?
I expect this person solved his problem a long, long time ago, but I've lost track of how many people I've taught how to quickly and easily bore sight a rifle without any tools. I'm sure most of you all know how to do this, but for those who don't:

1. For a bolt action rifle, first remove the bolt. For an AR style rifle, remove the upper from the lower and remove the bolt.

2. Place the upper (or whatever your sighting in) firmly on a sandbag or other similar surface so it won't move around.

3. Pick a suitable target in the distance to sight on. I do this at the rifle range sighting on a target at 100 yards, but in a pinch you could do this out in the hills sighting on a distant stump.

4. Eyeball down the bore. It takes a sharp eye and a bit of practice to look straight down the bore. Line up the target sighting down the bore, and make sure the gun doesn't wiggle.

5. Look through the scope or sights, and adjust them until they're also aligned with the target.Check back and forth between bore and sight until you're confident they are both aligned.

6. Put the gun back together and try a shot. If you have sharp eyes and did it right, you'll probably be on paper at 100 yards. If not, fine tune it at 25 yards.

It might take some trial and error, but that's really all there is to it. I've never owned a bore sighter, never saw a need for one.

I know I didn't tell most of you all anything new, but maybe that could help someone who doesn't know the old-timer tricks. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top