JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking for a replacement for my 40 year old Daiwa Silvercast spincast reel, and when I could not lay my hands on a Daiwa Goldcast locally I grabbed one of these Zebcos. Anyone else running one of these and what do you think? I just got it today so it hasn't been wet yet, but I have in on my 6.5' trout stream rod which is also my backup boat rod.

IMG_20200323_204103550.jpg

UPDATE: It's A 10 !

Had this out to a local "city" pond and this is one heck of a reel. It is bulkier and heavier than I am used to compared to the Silvercast that it replaced, but it works like a dream. Casting is silent with the only thing you hear is the plunk of the sinker. The double pickups are a welcome plus, and retrieval is fast and very smooth. Also, the drag is very easy to adjust on the fly which helped with the second fish that I caught this morning.

I decided to pickup a new 7' medium Shakespeare Agility Rod and it was a good match for this reel.

IMG_20200327_111641377.jpg
IMG_20200327_111712467.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews