Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Zeal to persecute dishonesty in the classifieds - Wish it were vented in Politics

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by PolishedBrass, Mar 27, 2012.

1. PolishedBrass

PolishedBrass Gresham, Oregon Active Member

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Ban politicians for dishonesty? There wouldn't be any left. :laugh:

The solution is to vote out the bad ones or to recall them. Unfortunately, people are too apathetic to care.

Rascals and (deleted member) like this.
  3. JGRuby

JGRuby Portland Oregon New Member

There would not be any replubitards either

James Ruby

4. Tangent123123

Tangent123123 Battle Ground Active Member

It's not a democrat vs. republican thing JGRuby. ALL politicians lie. It's not limited to one party or the other.

All policitians lie, we have all accepted that as a fact of life. We know they are screwing us, but we are too busy playing the my party vs. your party game and turning a blind eye to what "our guy" is doing and too much focussing on the "other guy".

So tell me what's worse, the fact that our leaders are dishonest or the fact that we've accepted it as part of the system and doing nothing about it?

As for the user deleted for dishonesty, I think he should of been removed but I don't think it should of been turned into an "event". It should of been done privately respectfully and per normal moderating procedures, not the multi-page dog pile that it was. But that's just my opnion, for what little that's worth. ;)

5. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

There's no politician ban hammer because politicians use taxpayer money to bribe voters to keep electing them.

no time and (deleted member) like this.
  6. JGRuby

JGRuby Portland Oregon New Member

Honestly - I agree that this is not about one party but all government in my eyes.
    James Ruby

7. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Voting is a useless endeavor, choosing one paid-for puppet over another. The purpose of politics in this country is to give the masses the illusion of freedom. There are no moderators, only controllers in that system. In our little world here on the forum, no one 'owns, bribes, and controls' the moderators - or at least I don't think so lol. All you need to know;

[video=youtube;hYIC0eZYEtI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI[/video]

8. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Fair statement, however another way to look at it is that it is quite open and allows those who might choose to do similar actions to rethink that based on what has occurred here.

9. kev350

kev350 Gresham , Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

All politicians lie you just have to pick the who's lie's you like best.
    Really though it's up to the people to vote the bad ones out of office but the problem is too damn many people say my 1 vote wont change anything.
    So nothing changes and the politicians go on getting fatter on our dime.

10. Simonpie

Simonpie Portland Active Member

Sam Adams failed to even run for reelection. This is pretty clearly a direct result of lies he got caught in. True there was no criminal action or recall, but in the end, I think the system cleared the chaff fairly well.

11. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

9. All political discussion must be directly related to firearms, gun rights, or the second amendment.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.