JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't understand the "Really like it"........ if the barrel cracked first time out. Neighbor had one of these for a very short time, trigger pull was terrible and accuracy was worse.
Good luck with yours.

Cracked or blew out? As already stated above, a picture would be helpful. How were you shooting it? One shot slowly at a time, or extended rapid-fire? What kind of loads were you using? Your question might be easier to resolve with a bit more information.

The new Zastava m-57's have a two piece barrel. The crack or line you see might just be where the two pieces come together. M-57's have a .312 bore. I have found that 32 caliber bullets work best for accuracy if you're into reloading.

Are you sure about the two piece barrel?
I "really like it" because it looks nice, feels good in the hand, has a very nice trigger pull, grouped 3 inches at 50 feet off hand, which for me is pretty good, and I liked the round 7.62x25. Also, the safety is very easy to operate.
I am new to some of the internet things so I don't have a picture yet. I will post one when I do.
The crack, if that is what it is, forms half a circle one inch up from the breech.

The new Zastava m-57's have a two piece barrel. The crack or line you see might just be where the two pieces come together. M-57's have a .312 bore. I have found that 32 caliber bullets work best for accuracy if you're into reloading.

You say a two piece barrel? Do you know where I could get more information about that?

Thank you everyone.

Here is the answer to the puzzle.
Turns out Zastava makes a two part barrel. What I am seeing is the seem where the two parts meet. I am guessing that I didn't notice it when I first purchased the gun due to the protective coating. Then after taking it to the range and stressing the barrel and then cleaning it well afterward, the seem showed up very clearly. (guess I'm not the first to get spooked by this)
Century Arms International verified that it is a two piece barrel.

Thanks again.