JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First off: I'm looking for help around Mt Hood here in Oregon. So Gresham, Clackamas, etc etc. I do come into PDX a few times a week though so I could meet up with some one there or a good gunsmith there!

Anyways, I've got a Zastava EZ9 which is a Sig P226 clone, and quite a nice one at that. It's got good reviews around the internet, it's REALLY accurate and I really enjoy shooting it. I've put 500 or so rounds through it and I enjoy it immensely. It was my car gun for a while and sat in my car... and when I last took it out to go shooting I was getting light primer strikes! ARGH! I was getting light to no primer strikes. I tried various ammo in the gun, and I tried the same ammo in other guns and it mostly certainly is the EZ9.

Here is my understanding of the situation. I apologize if I am using the wrong terms:

Taking it apart, there is a mechanism in the slide that when you pull the trigger is lifted to allow the striker to travel the entire distance. If this piece is not lifted via trigger pull the striker will not be able to hit the primer on the bullet. This presumably is so as you can use the de-cocker without risking setting off the gun as it will prevent the striker from hitting the primer.

So... anyone got some ideas or possibly able to help? I could just bypass the safety feature and not use the decocker... as the first 40 or so times I took the gun out I didn't even know about the decocker feature so I feel I can live without it... but I'd still rather have the gun functioning properly.

I wouldn't remove any safety device. I am not familiar with the Zastava EZ9, but if it is like a Sig P226 look up Sig P226 armorer's manual or a Sig disassembly video on Youtube. I used both to take my Sig P6 (225) apart and put it back together. If it is a Sig clone perhaps the parts may be interchangeable.

I recommend Oregon Timberwolf LLC for gunsmithing. He is kinda slow, but does great work.

Good luck.

hker71

He is out of Mulino Oregon. As for slow I mean he is usually busy so turn around times vary. A couple of times he told me it would take "x" amount of time and never called me. When I called him back he told me it was done. He is a good guy and it is a family business He runs it out of a shop behind his home.

hker71

It sound to me like its dirty and gunked around the firing pin. Blast it out with solvent, let dry and re-lube. (I also own one)

I wish I'd seen this! I took it out and it just started working again! WOOHOO! I did do a bunch of test fires for fun with a snap cap, maybe that broke it all loose? I'll give it a real deep clean with the air compressor and all in a bit. I really dig this gun! Glad it's working...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top