JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a rough field out there. As somebody myself who has run a business, been in customer service heavily.. I hold no degree or piece of paper that says I'm certified smart in a field but can back everything I say up with proven experience and I have an ability to adapt to any environment and pickup almost anything on the spot. Anyone remember that show in the 90's called The Pretender? I swear I'm like the main character.

About three months ago I started looking for jobs. Ive even turned down more in the last 3 month than the previous working career. I've had two interviews only.

Yesterday was my second interview, at a place that is 5 minutes walking from my house. Today I go back for a second interview.

Really hoping to push forward and turn this into a long term position if I'm given a fair shake. What they expect is nothing beyond my abilities and I'm really hoping to learn a few things in the process.

So here's to a second interview in the job market.

Hey! I just ran into this thread too! I'm so happy for you Joe!
Feels like being released from prison or the military, doesn't it! Light as a cloud!
I was absolutely no help at all to you! :D I've been retired for so long that I wouldn't know a job referral from a kumquat! LOL!!! That's a good feeling too, and I get to enjoy it every morning!
Again, super congratulations! :)

It's a rough field out there. As somebody myself who has run a business, been in customer service heavily.. I hold no degree or piece of paper that says I'm certified smart in a field but can back everything I say up with proven experience and I have an ability to adapt to any environment and pickup almost anything on the spot. Anyone remember that show in the 90's called The Pretender? I swear I'm like the main character.

About three months ago I started looking for jobs. Ive even turned down more in the last 3 month than the previous working career. I've had two interviews only.

Yesterday was my second interview, at a place that is 5 minutes walking from my house. Today I go back for a second interview.

Really hoping to push forward and turn this into a long term position if I'm given a fair shake. What they expect is nothing beyond my abilities and I'm really hoping to learn a few things in the process.

Strong best wishes out to you, Dyjital! As they say in the theater, "Break A Leg!" :)

Best wishes guy;).

A second interview is always a good sign:cool:.

I feel ya on not having a degree but being hands on smart - I'd hire the guy with the ability to do the job, not some dude with a BS in philanthropy or some crap.

Hey! I just ran into this thread too! I'm so happy for you Joe!
Feels like being released from prison or the military, doesn't it! Light as a cloud!
I was absolutely no help at all to you! :D I've been retired for so long that I wouldn't know a job referral from a kumquat! LOL!!! That's a good feeling too, and I get to enjoy it every morning!
Again, super congratulations! :)

No worries Sarge;).

I just kept asking here while looking and thankfully it eventually turned out for me - right time and place I guess:rolleyes:.

It's decent pay, work where I have to move and I'm off evenings, weekends and holidays so I get to see my wife when she is off (which was more important then the pay to me - just means I still won't be buying much for a few months, but getting above water is a great motivator and goal).

I feel ya on not having a degree but being hands on smart - I'd hire the guy with the ability to do the job, not some dude with a BS in philanthropy or some crap.
.."the desire to promote the welfare of others, expressed especially by the generous donation of money (or time) to good causes."

Sometimes the philanthropists are good people. I think a lot of us on here are in a way philanthropists to a degree, after all we do contribute to help one another on the board.

:D

Maybe the wrong choice for an example:p.

I know you know what I meant though:D:rolleyes:
We're all in good fun around here.

Good news is I'm starting Thursday 7:30am as one of probably the most mentally demanding office jobs I'll ever have and I'm going to look forward to it A LOT.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top