JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
just dont be the "FNG"

give your best every day! eventually you'll be in a rythm and next thing u know days just fly by

Dude:eek:. I way beyond the new guy;).

Compared to my last carrier this job is technically minuscule, but I am out of shape so that will be what I have to push thru:rolleyes:.

On the flip side, I'm looking forward to constant movement and then working out after I'm past the sore from work stage.

And y'all better believe I'm getting "exceeds expectations" on my reviews :D:p.

i do appreciate the reminder though - so few people these days go the extra mile:(

Finally we can stop listening to you complain about being broke!! :D:p

J/K man, congrats on the new job!!!!

Finally we can stop listening to you complain about being broke!! :D:p

J/K man, congrats on the new job!!!!

Thanks guy;)

Hey, all the millionaires I know are cheap as can be and you'd think they were broke except for the cars they drive:p.

But yea, I'm seariously looking forward to having savings and back to buying mode and not in the sell for bills mode:cool:.

Well done Sir! Glad things are finally coming around for ya, I know it can be tough at times. Pretty awesome bunch we have round here!
I'm gonna pass on some wisdom my Granddaddy used to say;
Always give 110% 100% of the time.
To be early is on time, to be on time is late, and to be late is inexcusable!
8 hours of pay should equal 8 hours of work, always make sure these two add up the same every day!

Congrats Brother:):):)

Yeah Joe, always broke my heart hearing that you had to sell off another one to make ends meet. I'm looking forward to you growing your collection back to where it used to be!!

Joe I followed you from the beginning of the journey back to work, and it was that tenacity that made me offer out the opportunity. Even though the decision wasn't all mine.
The job may not be the dream job you deserve, but the job and the environment will hopefully allow you to make some money, build that experience of working back into shape, and get that confidence back up.

I'm really looking forward to working with you and getting to know you other than reading comments on a forum.

And don't worry you'll have time to sneak into some forum time throughout the day
;)

I'm always skeptical about referring people to the job, but I know you'll do a great job and it will hopefully give you the schedule and environment you need to take care of yourself.

Congrats and see you Tuesday!

Joe I followed you from the beginning of the journey back to work, and it was that tenacity that made me offer out the opportunity. Even though the decision wasn't all mine.
The job may not be the dream job you deserve, but the job and the environment will hopefully allow you to make some money, build that experience of working back into shape, and get that confidence back up.

I'm really looking forward to working with you and getting to know you other than reading comments on a forum.

And don't worry you'll have time to sneak into some forum time throughout the day
;)

I'm always skeptical about referring people to the job, but I know you'll do a great job and it will hopefully give you the schedule and environment you need to take care of yourself.

Congrats and see you Tuesday!

Thanks man;)

It meant a great deal to me that you would put your name out for me:cool:

I am also looking forward to the new adventure:)

Whoa, just came across this thread - great news!! Really happy for you Joe, and thanks @clearconscience for putting yourself out there for a forum member! I hope it all works out well as you transition back into the world of regular work. I know that will take some adjustment, but you seem to have the right attitude for it, so I'm sure it will go well. Congratulations!

So, not to jump ahead too much, but once things get caught up a bit, do you have a first gun in mind when you start to build your collection again?? Maybe a GP100??

Whoa, just came across this thread - great news!! Really happy for you Joe...

So, not to jump ahead too much, but once things get caught up a bit, do you have a first gun in mind when you start to build your collection again?? Maybe a GP100??

Thanks!

My dad has a close cousin in TX that builds AK's and 1911's (I think he builds the Ak's - I know he builds 1911's).

I'm considering asking what one of his AK's will set me back but honestly I'd like to have my own hunting rifle again so I don't have to borrow one.

It'll be a 30-06 and I want a used one with wood so it shouldnt be too long till I can get that.

So I guess:
Hunting rifle
AK
1911 in 9mm or (maybe) a glock in 9mm

I'll start with the cheaper stuff I can afford to shoot and then get a gp100 <- that's on my list for sure;).

I also have an AR lower receiver to turn into a pistol so if I could get my first 3 plus that I would be pretty happy with the year.:rolleyes:

So without divulging too much - ie employer - what will ya be doing in this new venture? Testing lingerie models for performance enhancing drugs? QC inspector for a gun maker? Head chef for Ginny (or is it Rummy) Burdick? Inquiring minds wanna know! :D

Glad you got a gig. I say get the 9mm 1911 - just because I want one myself and thus I want to live vicariously thru you :D

So without divulging too much - ie employer - what will ya be doing in this new venture? Testing lingerie models for performance enhancing drugs? QC inspector for a gun maker? Head chef for Ginny (or is it Rummy) Burdick? Inquiring minds wanna know! :D

Glad you got a gig. I say get the 9mm 1911 - just because I want one myself and thus I want to live vicariously thru you :D

It's a facilities job (fancy name for maintenance and repair).

I didn't even know it was a thing until I got a referral for Cowlitz County. They required a technologies test with a pass of 3 out of a possible 6 - I scored a 5 which I guess equates to me being able to fix complicated systems in mechanical, electrical, A/C and pluming etc.

I've been fixing things since I was little so it's completely within my scope of talents and should be something I excel at once I get my bearings on what the upper management wants to see happen.

I already had all of the tools for the job and after working on cellular tower equipment this should be an easier and inside job for me. (Plus I like projects)

Hours should work out so I can see my busy wife as much as possible as well as avoid traffic most days.

Pay is good enough but the enviorment sounds really great.

Yeah it's a busy job, gotta wear several hats, but none of it's hard.
It's all basic facilities work and basic equipment repair.

The only hard part can be managing the workload and managing your time well. The rest is easy.

Actually the hard part can be dealing with the people. People are idiots.

Yeah it's a busy job, gotta wear several hats, but none of it's hard.
It's all basic facilities work and basic equipment repair.

The only hard part can be managing the workload and managing your time well. The rest is easy.

Actually the hard part can be dealing with the people. People are idiots.

Lol, sounds like my last carrier. And running the house come to think about it without the boredom naps:D

I take the files from the customer and give them to the engineers.

I'm a people person damn it, why can't you understand that!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top