JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank, that's good to know. What is a good group with a slingshot? I hadn't thought of it before, but could fishing with a slingshot be very effective? I'm not sure at what angle the water deflects the shot.

There are some slingbow kits that come with what you need to fish - I've never tried it, but if you check YT you'll find some videos of folks doing it.

As for grouping from 7-10 yards, I've seen good shooters consistently send rounds through almost the same hole. 1" groupings are not uncommon for good shots. What's interesting is that you shoot a slingshot pretty much instinctively since most don't have any kind of sighting system. You kind of feel your way through the shot and in time it becomes somewhat natural to just draw back and shoot.

There are some slingbow kits that come with what you need to fish - I've never tried it, but if you check YT you'll find some videos of folks doing it.

As for grouping from 7-10 yards, I've seen good shooters consistently send rounds through almost the same hole. 1" groupings are not uncommon for good shots. What's interesting is that you shoot a slingshot pretty much instinctively since most don't have any kind of sighting system. You kind of feel your way through the shot and in time it becomes somewhat natural to just draw back and shoot.
I meant fishing with a slingshot not a slingbow. Come to thing of it I'm not sure if it's even legal.

I meant fishing with a slingshot not a slingbow. Come to thing of it I'm not sure if it's even legal.

I haven't heard of anyone trying to fish with a regular slingshot, I'm not sure it would be a very effective due to the likelihood the shot would quickly be decelerated and the path altered by the water. May work in a shallow stream though.

I haven't heard of anyone trying to fish with a regular slingshot, I'm not sure it would be a very effective due to the likelihood the shot would quickly be decelerated and the path altered by the water. May work in a shallow stream though.
I didn't think it was likely, oh well. Just something else for me to try eventually.

Come to thing of it
Great, sleep-typing again. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews