JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys. I have two boys, 9 and 10 years old. I recently picked up a Remington 514 Youth Rifle, a single shot bolt action .22lr, and they love it. Only problem is, sharing lol. They've both become very comfortable (AND SAFE) with it, and I have full confidence in them at the range practicing. I'm looking to pick up a second one to help assuage the need to take turns when at the range.

I can't find one used on any of the regular forums, and I'm hoping to find one here in Oregon so I don't have to pay for shipping or ffl transfer fees.

Does anyone have one they'd like to sell, or know of any local shops who have one in stock?

Another option is to get a different make and model, maybe a Savage Rascal. It just seems to me that the 514 is a little bigger than the Crickett's and Rascals, and as they're both big boys, I'd like to stay with something that's larger than your average youth rifle, yet smaller than a full-size.

Let me know! I'm in the Portland area and would travel for the right gun.

Thanks,
Elidril

I could ask my kiddo if he wants to part with his 514Y, I doubt it but I can check and see. He kinda likes that rifle and I do too as an adult.

I saw your Wanted ad and I was going to suggest that exact rifle but then I saw you had one already.

Both Keiths sporting goods in Gresham and rapid Firearms in sandy almost always have some on the used rack. I frequent both shops once or twice a month and one or both almost always have a single shot 22lr.

I prefer Rapid Firearms over Keiths any day of the week, if I can help it. Service at rapid Firearms is far superior then Keiths. Usually, I'll shoot the breeze with Brian, Rufus or whoever is behind the counter, while wondering the store several times over. They are great guys to bs with at rapid Firearms.

Just don't take your kids or wife to Rapid Firearms. I took my wife in there to get a holster for her Glock and the owner felt the need to drop the F-bomb in just about every sentence. Zero class and zero manners is all we remember about that place.

Yes the 514 is a great rifle. I take it even when I donT take the kids. Tack driver and so much fun to shoot. Plan on it being my backpacking rifle as well.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I have a couple in looking at. Since my younger twins are almost old enough to start learning I'll be in the market for two more soon enough lol. Kids + shooting = expensive.

Yes the 514 is a great rifle. I take it even when I donT take the kids. Tack driver and so much fun to shoot. Plan on it being my backpacking rifle as well.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I have a couple in looking at. Since my younger twins are almost old enough to start learning I'll be in the market for two more soon enough lol. Kids + shooting = expensive.

Best of luck! I still have my bolt-action Chipmunk (back when they were made in OR!) that I got from my father that I'm now saving for my son when he's old enough.

As for covering shooting expenses... my father usually delegated an extra series of chores for me to do, whether it was washing the hub caps of his SUV, yard work, etc. to earn range time. LOL

Hey guys. I have two boys, 9 and 10 years old. I recently picked up a Remington 514 Youth Rifle, a single shot bolt action .22lr, and they love it. Only problem is, sharing lol. They've both become very comfortable (AND SAFE) with it, and I have full confidence in them at the range practicing. I'm looking to pick up a second one to help assuage the need to take turns when at the range.

I can't find one used on any of the regular forums, and I'm hoping to find one here in Oregon so I don't have to pay for shipping or ffl transfer fees.

Does anyone have one they'd like to sell, or know of any local shops who have one in stock?

Another option is to get a different make and model, maybe a Savage Rascal. It just seems to me that the 514 is a little bigger than the Crickett's and Rascals, and as they're both big boys, I'd like to stay with something that's larger than your average youth rifle, yet smaller than a full-size.

Let me know! I'm in the Portland area and would travel for the right gun.

Thanks,
Elidril
I have a 514 youth and a an adult 514 available. Are you still looking?

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.