Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

youth firearms training??

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by trainwreck, Nov 26, 2009.

1. trainwreck

trainwreck salem Member

i would like to take my step son to some kind of basic training befor he get to into shooting. this does not have to be anything big just a class that covers saftey and how to handle guns.
    I have looked around the web a bit but cant seem to find much for youth classes.

thanks
    Trainwreck

2. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

Contact our sponsor, Oregon Firearms Academy...they may have something for your needs.

3. SKN

SKN Keizer, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

How old is he?

I believe ODFW allows youngsters aged 10 to attend their hunter sfaety class. The Clackamas County Sheriff's Public Safety Training Center, a little far for you perhaps, does a home firearms safety class once a month whose minimum age is 12. Cost is minimal if not free.

I started my daughter on firearms safety training when she was 8, gave her first pistol at 9 and her first rilfe at 10. My son is 7 is anxiously awaiting his eighth birthday.

4. trainwreck

trainwreck salem Member

thanks SKN ill have to look into that. being that he is 12 he should fit in to one of thee classes.