JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
got an elk hunt coming up with my son . christmas vacation is when its happening . i know where to find elk during bow season, but it'll be deep in snow in december .. any ideas where to start ?? any info will be appreciated .. (**** could end up w/ a BBQ @ our house ) ..Don

What are the approximate boundaries of the Rogue Unit? I've never hunted elk other than E. Oregon, Wyoming and Montana.

I have several friends who hunt W. Oregon a lot and I was going to ask them for you. :s0155:

They hunt from Butte Falls E. along Butte Falls-Prospect Hwy and forest service side roads.

Butte Falls to Rancheria Road and it's side roads. Also from there out 35-3E-7.

Butte Falls - Fish Lake Road to 140 and side roads.

Union Creek to Woodruff Meadows and surrounds.

E. and S. Slopes (Edit: I meant W. and S. slopes) of Huckleberry Mountain and surrounding out of Union Cr. including anything between Prospect and Union Cr.

No place known to be free of snow that time of year but those are lower (relatively) and elk wintering grounds.

They said the folks at the Butte Falls and Prospect Ranger Stations would actually tell you where elk had been spotted.

Those can all be day trips.

HTH :)

Do you have a rifle w/good scope for your boy to use? I could lend you a good .270 Win Ruger bolt w/Leopold 2X7 and good butt pad. .270 Win is plenty for Roosevelt Elk and it won't knock him on his azz. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top