JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The oldest civil rights organization in the United States (since 1871).

The most powerful political lobby that has ever existed on the planet.

Thank God they are on OUR side. The NRA.

(And now that they no longer send me renewal notices that lack my expiration date, even better!)

SAF and GOA. I was a member of the NRA for years but the constant begging for money put me off. 4-5 pieces of junk mail a week plus emails.

Cr*pshoot for me. I've supported all of them at 1 time or another & still do. Fancy suits and tons of `we need $` mailings stop me from giving. Those mailings cost $, even if they raise some $. I really like the ones that put info together and ask you to sign a petition and it goes to my elected officials. Yea yea I already know they may be never read but... it sure doesn't hurt.

Gathering/requesting $ for bills that will "probably" come up but haven't. Thumbs down. Like the 1 organization asking for $ to fight bidens $200 tax on everything. No data to show exactly what they intend to fight? Woulda, coulda, shoulda, if, and or maybe? Sorry folks, not for me. I deal in facts, not supposition. I believe in prepare for the worst & hope for the best...but you better have a better plan then just because!

Welcome to the forum. Consider doing 80% builds. Lots of help out there and you gain a wealth of knowledge. Personally, I find it relaxing. And when it's done, it's yours & yours alone. No atf/ffl.

Dan

I've been peeved with NRA for decades. Lately they really screwed the pooch. And they are not nearly as effective politically as they should be or used to be. Wayne LP has really been a disappointment, if not a crook. However, they are still the big dog for 2A, do a lot of good work, and are worthy of support.

I keep hearing about GOA from friends, but their public relations arm must be underfunded because I don't see publicity about what they are doing.

I see a lot of comments about SAF here on the forum, but I'm not sure how effective they are either. I think they are trying, but Oregon D's really have been on the attack and it must he hard to handle or keep up with.

(Edit: apparently I was thinking of OFF, Oregon Firearms Federation, and their struggle to stem the tide of anti gun legislation in the state, when I made the comment about SAF above... sorry for the confusion!!!)
Maybe they are spending PR money on fighting and not on trying to look good. THEY are the ones with a case against I1639. The NRA spends TOO much money telling us what they MIGHT do. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Lifetime member of the NRA, but I don't feel like they have been all that effective lately.

SAF and GOA. I was a member of the NRA for years but the constant begging for money put me off. 4-5 pieces of junk mail a week plus emails.
It is GREAT fun to buy a membership for an Anti-firearm neighbor and watch the look on his face as all that"Begging Mail" rolls in, even years after the membership expires.

I'm a Lifetime member of the NRA, but I don't feel like they have been all that effective lately.

Tough to be effective when 60% of the voters vote for crap like I1639. Not to mention corrupt courts that do not respect the US Constitution, constant anti-2A propaganda from the media and Hollyweirdos, communist public schools teaching that the USA and the US Constitution are evil and obsolete resulting in at least 2 generations of brainwashed snowflakes with no understand of history and no common sense AND WHO ARE NOW VOTERS, RINOs and 3rd parties everywhere that help the Ds, etc - the list of 2A haters is endless. :(

It is GREAT fun to buy a membership for an Anti-firearm neighbor and watch the look on his face as all that"Begging Mail" rolls in, even years after the membership expires.

THAT sounds like fun! :)

Of the organizationsi belong to, GOA is by far my favorite because the others have a tendency to send my bi weekly beggar mail which gets tossed in the recycler before a read them anymore. They're just not interested in responding to my requests not to receive any of it. GOA so far asks me once a year and I happily contribute

For what it's worth, you can donate $50/person, $100/couple to an Oregon recognized PAC and they will take the money off your tax liability. Oregon Firearms Federation is one of those. It's basically the state giving you money to support your cause. Link

Good thread and some good information. I've been struggling with this for years - what is the most effective way to support Pro-2a groups. Can't afford to give to them all, each one seems to overlap some and have it's specialty. And while all seem important, where do you get the best bang for your buck. For me, I have an annual budget for suporting 2A groups - half goes national and half local. National - NRA, SAF, CMP. Local - OFF, NWFA, OSSA (some are specifically firearms training for youth, an effort I fully support)

NRA, SAF, OFF, GOA, FPC, CMP, WTF....

As Aesop stated - "United we stand, Divided we fall"

When someone starts a 2A group because someone doesn't like how the NRA is doing it, it weakens everyone (we only have so much money and time to donate). I'd love to see a real strong leader step up and unite the different groups - the whole 2A group would be a he11 of a lot stronger...

The NRA sucks and LaPierre is a crook who only cares about himself and his wallet.

That said, I have been a member since I was a kid and continue to renew.

OFF is pretty good, so is SAF and GOA.

The oldest civil rights organization in the United States (since 1871).

The most powerful political lobby that has ever existed on the planet.

Thank God they are on OUR side. The NRA.

The NRA are pretty low on the list of influential political lobbyists. They don't even come close to making the top 20 list. They're at $3.2M for last year. The entire Pharma/Health products industry spent $298.9M last year.

Facebook and Amazon each spent more than four times what the NRA spent on lobbying.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top