JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a few quick access pistol safes around the house. The one by my night stand stays open during bed time and stays locked the rest of the day.

Sent from my fingers using a keyboard

I would not want to count on bio metrics technology in an emergency. I use and old school mechanical simplex lock drawer for my bedside Glock. They also make a long gun version perfect for a shotgun. Cop cars used to all have these.

As a software/electronics engineer I stayed away from the budget options with electronics. Sadly, that's most of them. The electronics in general are not really made to "take a beating", so to speak and failure in a moment of high adrenaline sucks. I went for a Fort Knox pistol box. Heavy, with a mechanical simplex lock. I know there were some issues with them being easy to open, but it's more a deterrent than anything else (for proper safe storage, use a gun safe). Seems to work well and easy to clear the keys pressed in case you miss one.

To each their own. The biometric stuff can work OK I think, but there's a reason they are capable of storing more than 100 biometrics: It allows you to put your thumb a few dozen times over it, so it'll pick it up better.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top