JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope, I was the youngest of nine kids LOL

Speaking of which, if you have kids and you plan to run for the hills you better have a really good water system. Guardia and amebic dysentary are killers when your kids get it. A very good home remedy that will stop the diarea is blackberry brandy. It saved my life as a kid.

jj
And if it's not needed you have Blackberry brandy! Maybe a good TEOTWAWKI kit should include brewers yeast too!

Nope, I was the youngest of nine kids LOL

Speaking of which, if you have kids and you plan to run for the hills you better have a really good water system. Guardia and amebic dysentary are killers when your kids get it. A very good home remedy that will stop the diarea is blackberry brandy. It saved my life as a kid.

jj

Yeah, I'm trying to find the water filters that Peace Corps and UNICIF and our overseas Embassies use... Not the wimpy ones sold at REI. If I recall, they were stone-based osmosis type filters? Anybody know what I'm talking about??

Yeah, I'm trying to find the water filters that Peace Corps and UNICIF and our overseas Embassies use... Not the wimpy ones sold at REI. If I recall, they were stone-based osmosis type filters? Anybody know what I'm talking about??

Are they made by Katadyn? They have a ceramic-based filter system.

Hunter dad, thanks for starting this thread. I too was turned on to this sight thru survivalblog, and I too found patriots to be an invaluable guide for preps. I have gone as far as relocating to my retreat fulltime. I also highly suggest JWR on Retreats and Relocations. Im lucky enough not to have a GOOD plan, I live at my retreat fulltime. My suggestion is to find a way to do the same. If finances can permit, get to your retreat now and make long term preps, such as gardens, and water supply, etc... i have a young family so the cut and run plan just simply won't work.

Hunter dad, thanks for starting this thread. I too was turned on to this sight thru survivalblog, and I too found patriots to be an invaluable guide for preps. I have gone as far as relocating to my retreat fulltime. I also highly suggest JWR on Retreats and Relocations. Im lucky enough not to have a GOOD plan, I live at my retreat fulltime. My suggestion is to find a way to do the same. If finances can permit, get to your retreat now and make long term preps, such as gardens, and water supply, etc... i have a young family so the cut and run plan just simply won't work.

I think it would be really cool if they could make Patriots into a movie.

I haven't read Patriots yet but what scenario are we preparing for? There is some value in bugging out, but realistically several families are going to have to band together to live in the wilderness. And how long will that last? If it's an invasion or a revolution then we should probably start organizing now because a single small community will not be able to do much against a foreign "peace-keeping" troop or even our own national guard in a martial law/fema camp situation (I've read some of the blogs) if we aren't united against it. Having an armed population doesn't do much good if they are all trying to fight individually.

Also, I think too many avoid preparing for Nuclear War or a dirty bomb. Do you have Ki03 tablets? Do you know how to survive a nuclear fallout? The people that lived through Chernobyl did. The Russians understand that Nuclear War is not the end as we know it. You bunker down for a couple of weeks and then come out and rebuild. Americans seem to think that if one warhead flies, they all fly and the whole earth is nuked. There's not even close to enough warheads to take out a country. Strategic targets, sure (so avoid being on-base if you're military) but certainly not everywhere.

Just some food for thought.

Do you believe there will be an uprising? A civil war? Do you think any of the states will step up and say "we don't want to be a part of this anymore"? Does any of what I'm saying frighten any of you?
1. no.
2. No.
3. no.
4. No.

Nation of sheep. So long as they have their TV's and electro-gadgets and SUV's people will put up with, and go along with anything.

can we get a section on survial i'm looking at buying 40 ac. down in southern oregon here in the next couple months just in case my little bug out spot with creek. Even so i'll have my own campground hikeing area and hunting spots

What if just escaping isn't enough, what if abandoning the cities or your own society isn't enough? What if the armed, already fairly organized Latino and African American gangs begin assaulting people? They surely will, they aren't going to sit back and attempt to survive, they will steal by force.

Shouldn't aggressive measures be taken to knock out the gangs before they take hold of a society weakened by a broken infrastructure?

Some of us must either band together to resist the mob assaults, or band together and prepare to knock down the gang organizations early on. Not necessarily violently, but sieze assets and defend them from assault.

Those of us without family and without other obligations may easily take on this important task. The fact is, it's who has what in the end, otherwise it's only a matter of time until one group overwhelms the other from siege or assault.

What if just escaping isn't enough, what if abandoning the cities or your own society isn't enough? What if the armed, already fairly organized Latino and African American gangs begin assaulting people? They surely will, they aren't going to sit back and attempt to survive, they will steal by force.

Shouldn't aggressive measures be taken to knock out the gangs before they take hold of a society weakened by a broken infrastructure?

Some of us must either band together to resist the mob assaults, or band together and prepare to knock down the gang organizations early on. Not necessarily violently, but sieze assets and defend them from assault.

Those of us without family and without other obligations may easily take on this important task. The fact is, it's who has what in the end, otherwise it's only a matter of time until one group overwhelms the other from siege or assault.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. What good is it to run to your remote ranch with a family or two? Eventually the lawlessness will come your way but by then it will overrun you. You need to make a stand with like-minded individuals. This could happen in the city or everyone can retreat to a common area to regroup. But everyone scattering out just decreases your chances for survival.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. What good is it to run to your remote ranch with a family or two? Eventually the lawlessness will come your way but by then it will overrun you. You need to make a stand with like-minded individuals. This could happen in the city or everyone can retreat to a common area to regroup. But everyone scattering out just decreases your chances for survival.

Here's a related point in regards to banding together with like-minded individuals. I always find that literature or media seems to put emphasis on the potential drama between leaders within a group that has banded together, power struggles. This should also be one of the first things addressed, but I think it's overstated in books and other media anyway.

1. Yes
2. No; not a civil war, more of a class war. I could see a Social and Economic up uprising. People will do any thing to feed their familys.:gun20: I would.
****, I'd shoot a dairy cow if I had to. If worst came to worst < Birds of the same feather, flock together> and will

3. Not in my life time. Possible, in couple of generations.
4. Haw not in the least.

ps
THANKs for the links hunterdad66

Last Edited:
Did anyone watch Jericho? I wonder if that is closer to how things might pan out? At least in smaller towns....
And the country would divide into two or more country/states, each with their own law/military?

I was just watching Jericho for the 1st time last week. I ended up watching the whole first season and was wondering the same thing. I thought about that when I checked this thread this week for the first time.

This is fairly on topic in the most simple way, but it's relevant.

I watched "Last House on the Left" yesterday, and I couldn't help but think that practically every single situation in the movie could have been avoided if the characters, or even just a few of them, had weapons. The only guy with a weapon was the criminal, and sadly, I doubt many people came away from that movie thinking, "Dang, I should carry a gun when I go camping."

Seriously, watch it and you'll cringe at the stupidity.

I too found this site via survivalblog.com and am pleased to see I am amongst a group of like minded "Individuals". I'll also put in another plug for the novel Patriots. It definitely will get a person to thinking.

I believe we need to start bringing the fight on now before the casualties start mounting. We need to write the letters, make the phone calls and scream and whine just as loudly as those that want to continue the erosion of our individual rights and freedoms. I'll admit that I am guilty of not doing everything I can. I am a life member of SAF and have made regular contributions, but know I should be doing more.

I have been preparing for the worst as I can, but I would rather fight now with the pen and the phone than have to defend my family with my guns.

This is a great site and I am glad to see that many here have the same views and concerns about the direction of our country and the world in general.

Keep your powder dry! :s0155:

This is fairly on topic in the most simple way, but it's relevant.

I watched "Last House on the Left" yesterday, and I couldn't help but think that practically every single situation in the movie could have been avoided if the characters, or even just a few of them, had weapons. The only guy with a weapon was the criminal, and sadly, I doubt many people came away from that movie thinking, "Dang, I should carry a gun when I go camping."

Seriously, watch it and you'll cringe at the stupidity.

I saw it this weekend and was thinking the same thing. Who in their right mind goes way out in the middle of no where unarmed?!?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top