JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I frequent survivalblog.com.

This guy (James Wesley, Rawles) is how I found this site and he wrote a book called Patriots, Surviving The Coming Collapse. I thought it was damn good.

Survivalblog is great.

Get you tinfoil hats on and watch out for black helicopters and go to :

http://www.infowars.com/
http://www.prisonplanet.com/
http://prisonplanet.tv/
<broken link removed>

You don't have to agree with Alex, but there is a lot of information and products to help you prepare.

Really? You posted a lot of propaganda and not much about actual survival, regardless of the rhetoric. The sponsors I can understand, but the other stuff really isn't relevant.

This guy (James Wesley, Rawles) is how I found this site and he wrote a book called Patriots, Surviving The Coming Collapse. I thought it was damn good.

Great book, I personally don't dig on all the religious stuff he has in there- but it was a very informative read.

There's a great 3 part report from a guy who lived through the collapse of the Soviet Union. He talks alot about how society coped with an economic meltdown, and relates his experiences to what he believes is the coming US economic collapse.

Here's part 1-

http://fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/060105_soviet_lessons.shtml

So, what is it we plan for??? Just to be better than the next guy or to really take care of our families. Too many guys think that they will get through with just guns and ammo. You can't eat em and families won't survive an uncivilized approach to problems. Character is what will win and the decent people will be on top again.

How long can a family live out of a 40 pound BOB??

jj

So, what is it we plan for??? Just to be better than the next guy or to really take care of our families. Too many guys think that they will get through with just guns and ammo. You can't eat em and families won't survive an uncivilized approach to problems. Character is what will win and the decent people will be on top again.

jj

You can't eat your guns and ammo to be sure, but anyone whose hungry enough can try to take your food/supplies- thus the guns and ammo become as important as the food itself.

So while you can't eat your guns and ammo, you can't kill an intruder with your canned goods and water filter. ;)

jj

You are very right. A BOB is only the beginning. GOOD (get out of dodge) plan is needed if you are leaving your home and heading for the hills. If TSHTF, looting, rioting and general caos will happen in populated areas. Cities and towns of 40,000 or more. Most will be hungry very soon after and will steal your food and or kill you for it, along with anything else of value. The gangs and thugs that you hear about now will be "set free" to cause you and your neighbors nothing but grief.

Prep for it. I am buying food and saving water. I am stashing supplies along the way also. Since I don't have a piece of land somewhere, I will be heading to a place that is preplanned and prepared. If I get there and someone is already there, well, we'll have to see what happens. My fifth wheel is packed and ready to go.

Guns and especially ammo is saved in large quantities because I might need to use some for it's intended use and use some to barter with because your money isn't going to be worth anything but kindling. Extra ammo could be used for charity also.

*****I beg all of you to read Patriot, Surviving The Coming Collapse. It might answer some of your questions.******

There is always the "what if" gentlemen. I'm sure that some of you will read this and say "this guy is a friggin wackjob". You also could be saying to yourself a year or two or three from now "remember that wackjob on NWFA? Looks like he was right. Maybe he wasn't a wackjob after all and I bet you his family is organized, safe and fed".

go to the gunshows. Every one I've been to has been selling it in bulk. The Gunbroker in Woodburn still has a fair bit of everything too. I can still find bits online too, but you have to look hard

I'm sure that some of you will read this and say "this guy is a friggin wackjob".

There's a big difference between being a whack job and being able to support, provide and protect your family if things happen to get a little crazy. Better to be prepared and proactive rather than getting caught with your pants down.

You can't eat your guns and ammo to be sure, but anyone whose hungry enough can try to take your food/supplies- thus the guns and ammo become as important as the food itself.

So while you can't eat your guns and ammo, you can't kill an intruder with your canned goods and water filter. ;)

You are stocking up on food and water as well as guns? I just have a fridge with nothing but coors light and a few aks lol. Who needs food when I have bottles of alcohol and beer didn't germans and russians survive on that?:s0112:

You are stocking up on food and water as well as guns? I just have a fridge with nothing but coors light and a few aks lol. Who needs food when I have bottles of alcohol and beer didn't germans and russians survive on that?:s0112:

See, the thing to do would be learn how to microbrew in your garage...then all you'd need is a source for hops and yeast!

Just saying, you are not alone in your preps. Some are way more advanced and technical in their stockpiles. Night vision and suppresors and no telling what else. A man who carries alot of stuff will get tired in how far?? Where you are headed will have a crowd.

It is all alot more complicated than just cut and run.

jj

Getting all Crocodile Dundee on us eh.

Nope, I was the youngest of nine kids LOL

Speaking of which, if you have kids and you plan to run for the hills you better have a really good water system. Guardia and amebic dysentary are killers when your kids get it. A very good home remedy that will stop the diarea is blackberry brandy. It saved my life as a kid.

jj

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads