Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

"Your rights have been suspended"

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by daiello91, Jun 9, 2010.

1. daiello91

daiello91 NW Oregon Active Member

:angry::complain:

2. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Right or wrong something was left out of that story.

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/0...llio-gun-harassment0-a-black-and-white-issue/

3. bugeye

bugeye Oregon Well-Known Member

http://www.ksla.com/global/story.asp?S=10652408

As usual there are two sides to any story, the gun was not confiscated and the driver was not ticketed or charged with anything. Another paranoid rant lacking connection to reality. The officer disarming someone while they went back to the squad car to check on them seems like a sensible policy, you folks do know they have a history of being shot while doing just that sort of thing!

4. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

That would be a great story, if it were true. The only true parts are that Baillio's gun was confiscated, and that the mayor's an idiot.

The officer saw pro-gun stickers on Baillio's car when he pulled him over. He asked Baillio if he was armed. Baillio answered affirmatively. The officer took his gun, held on to it during the traffic stop, and gave it back when the stop was complete. That's clearly and obviously legal.

Can all of you people please do a little bit more research before believing these stupid fundraising emails? All I had to do was google this guy's name...

5. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago I got pulled over for not coming to a complete stop before going thru a stop sign. My fault. Officer asked for my license and registration. I handed him those along with my CHL. He asked if I was carrying a gun. I said "Yes. What would you like me to do?". The gun was in a fanny pack so I just handed him the whole fanny pack. He went back to his patrol car, checked my record, handed me my citation, handed me back my fanny pack with pistol inside, and thanked me for telling him I was armed. Never unloaded my pistol or made any comments other than "Have a nice day and drive safe.". No big deal.

6. PosterGuy

PosterGuy Hillsboro Member

The shame of this is, the tin foil hat rant hides the legitimate issue of an illegal search. However, it could be argued that the guy immediately getting out of his truck during a traffic stop provided probable cause.

7. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

What is it with this board and tinfoil/conspiracy/chain mails? Is it all that lead? :paranoid:

8. daiello91

thanks for sharing the rest of the story. The National Association for Gun Rights just lost all credibility with me. :angry:

9. Trlsmn

Welcome to the internet!

10. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

But THIS forum is what the moderators allow it to be.

11. Trlsmn

I close a thread I'm burning books I leave it open I'm "allowing it to be, meh. I welcome you to the internet also!

12. daiello91

I'm good with you locking it.

13. Trlsmn

If I close it, it will just get reposted tomorrow as "Obama has your rights suspended" with an even more cryptic seven degrees of separation conspiracy theory! :laugh::bluelaugh:

14. PosterGuy

PosterGuy Hillsboro Member

We'll see who's laughing when Obama cracks the lid on the ark and melts your face off!

15. Trlsmn

Well at least that myth has been proven.

nancy_pelosi.jpg

16. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

I demand a warning before you put a picture of Pelosi up:bluelaugh::bluelaugh::bluelaugh: Geez I hope you don't carry a wallet size with you to scare kids with.:D

jj

17. Trlsmn

No my wallet size photo is only to be used for protection in places I cannot carry concealed and even then only in situations where use of deadly force is legally warranted! It also works well as birth control!

18. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Faces of Meth.

19. Reco

Reco Portland Oregon Active Member

Years ago while working uniformed Armed security, I was driving home at 2am from my shift in my POV and was stopped. I had recently moved to my sister in-laws home and the lighting on the street was poor making the drive way in the area which looked similar to 4 other homes in a row difficult to recognize. I was driving slow in the middle lane making sure and was observed. I turned into my driveway and realized a vehicle had pulled in behind me with its brights on.
    I Thought for a moment I was about to be jumped by an unhappy customer from the housing project I worked at. I quickly exited turned and placed my hand on my firearm and was about to draw my sidearm when suddenly the vehicles grill lights and dash lit up red and blue. The driver a SGT from Gresham Police exited his SUV and I Immediately raised my hands into a non threatening gesture away from my belt keeping an eye on him ensuring he was a police officer. We met between the vehicles. He identified himself and explained that he had observed me driving in the middle and thought I might be a drunk driver and decided to stop me. I explained I had just moved and was tired and was having trouble spotting the address and asked if anything I had done was illegal. HE stated no but asked me for ID and was polite. He observed I was wearing a full duty belt and uniform and asked where I worked. I informed him. He then asked me if he could hold my firearm while he spoke with me.
    At first I was a bit surprised but turned to him and offered my hip side for him to retrieve it. It was a triple retention Mikes Pro 3 . Unfortunately it worked so well he wasn't able to draw it so I asked him if I could hand it to him. I smoothly drew it and turned it over. Do my dismay he tucked it into the front of his duty belt which made me nervous I didn't want him to injure himself with my firearm. He asked for ID and I opened my wallet and thought I had in my hand my ODL but accidently gave him my CHL. He thanked me but asked again for ODL. I laughed and apologized do to the light, and handed the ODL. After telling the dispatcher my information we made small talk and he seemed to relax a bit. The radio then sounded off with the dispatcher using the radio code for "Are you alone". He knew what the dispatched was trying to tell him about my CHL and told him he was aware. Finally I checked out, he returned my firearm and we stood and chatted for a few more minutes until he returned to his patrol and wished me a good night.

20. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Guess my only defense would be to pull out naked pictures of Helen Thomas :bluelaugh::bluelaugh::bluelaugh: How's that for burning out your minds eye?:bluelaugh::bluelaugh: