JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My recent sales have been really all over the board; some things move relatively quickly, others linger on for an eternity. I haven't really seen a pattern yet. For those that sell a lot of guns, how has the market been for you in recent memory? Just curious.

Same boat. Would have imagined big name brands would move sooner especially when priced below other sites listings both new an used.

Also would have figured with all the talk of grabs an bans would have increased flow but doesnt seem like it. Mine have all gone smoothly when a buyer approaches havent had a flake yet. Nice to meet some members.

Dunno if its just time of year or people are hoping youll drop far below used prices so they get a hell of a deal.

I have a SIG 320 45 up for grabs for a couple weeks now and a FNX 9 thats been on for over a year. A couple want my shield 45. Maybe the classifieds dont get enough traffic compared to other boards or layouts? Seems like people are more eager to preach to the choir than remember this site has a sale/trade section i dunno.

Up and down for years, I've been at it for a while.

Sometimes I'll get an immediate response as if that was the right item for the buyer at the right time. Pays asking price and everything goes well.

Then everything else, use your imagination.

It is what it is.

Only thing I know of that's a hard sell theses days is AR15s. That market sucks.

Want it to sell faster, lower the price every week or so. Have an absolutely last price in mind and if it still won't sell at that, take it off the market for month and try again then.

I rarely sell, but recently got rid of an AK as I'm more AR focused. The deal went pretty fast, also picked up a clean SW Model 36 here and traded my Sig 365 for a member's G20 SF. Great transactions and good guys I dealt with.

I have tried to sell a few guns since the bottom fell out after last POTUS election. Bad time to try for me for a couple reasons. Big one is the hassle now. I sold one gun even with the buyer being delayed and us both having to make a second trip to the FFL. Couple others I tried to sell I just gave up. Too many "hey I have a permit and all, can't we just meet and face to face", no. "Hey can you ship it to me" No. "Hey I like it lets meet at XYZ FFL at xyz time" Ok, I show up, they do not. It is certainly a buyers market right now. If there is something people want it's a good time to be looking.

One thing ive decided upon is to add a custom signature that has my listings, only a few things. So as i post and a member reads my posts itll help spread the word.

Namely so that if someone hasnt seen it yet or its been bumped out of view from other listings it can at least keep current with my postings as i go. Never know.

I do like the people ive buy/sell/trade with all have been great people and ive tried to make it a good deal for them by adding a little bonus in the mix.

Who sells?

Beyond the main and plain items, my collection has always been fluid and eclectic. I'll get really excited about a type or niche, fully explore it, suddenly lose interest one day, and rinse/repeat. Some intense interests stay for good (e.g., lever-actions, NFA toys, etc.), some do not (e.g., various historical period firearms, very little firearms, etc.). I have found this to be the case with other pursuits as well, but that is off-topic. :)

Beyond the main and plain items, my collection has always been fluid and eclectic. I'll get really excited about a type or niche, fully explore it, suddenly lose interest one day, and rinse/repeat. Some intense interests stay for good (e.g., lever-actions, NFA toys, etc.), some do not (e.g., various historical period firearms, very little firearms, etc.). I have found this to be the case with other pursuits as well, but that is off-topic. :)
Agreed, interests ebb and flow, leaving a foundational collection that serves as my core, that wouldn't be liquidated. Some I've regretted letting go of. But this is life...

I have noticed the same, up and down. I'll have a item there for weeks and nothing. then one day i get like 5 PM's about it.o_O
Sofar though, its been vewwy vewwy quiet.

elmer-fudd-hunting.gif

I found new homes for 4 of my firearms in the last year, only one I sold on my own to a customer, the rest I took to local gunshops and sold on consignment for more than I advertised here.

Good idea. The last two of the recent batch are priced a good click below regular market rates because I want them to move and, more accurately, don't care. Maybe they are waiting to swoop in.

I liked it better.......when the Govt wasn't treating everyone like criminals. You know, having us pay for the tax (FFL fee) for buying a used firearm and having both parties becoming a record in the system.

I mean.......

Things use to get done, by just showing the other party your a "good guy" card. Yup, that card was also a Govt record. But at least the Govt didn't know exactly know many firearms you lost in that recent boating accident.

Aloha, Mark

I just had a plesant sale the other day. Im finding about 60% off depending on make model etc helps it move quicker. That and throwing in some extra for the buyer i feel helps assure them.

Now i just need my other two to move and all the OT at work to pay out then my AR pistol project is green lit.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top