JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys and gals, if anyone wants to link a similar thread to answer, please do.

I don't have a designated toolbox or bag for when I go out shooting(new to rock pits/quarries). I was wondering what everyone else had in the bag. Maybe I should just throw a toolbox in my truck bed?

Aside from some of the obvious items, what are some "not so obvious" essentials you include in yours.

Thanks in advance guys.

I have a shooting bag. It has tools to work on guns that fit gun screws etc. I have a empty brass bag. I have different paper targets plus a stapler with lots of staples. I have electronic hearing protection an spare plugs. A spotting scope and stand. Shooting gloves,work gloves and elbow pads. The rest is ammo and guns.

The screw drivers and allen/torx wrenches you need to tighten the scope screws. Now put the proper screw drivers in so you do get pissed off when you ruin the slot.Get the one that fits perfect.
A STEEL cleaning rod,if you can find one,for squibs and stuck cases. I don't like using aluminum for this,myself
And everything everyone else said

I carry a fishing tackle / tool box and an old Ryobi tool bag - heavy canvas with a rigid bottom.
In the tackle box (~25# fully loaded):
Ammo for all that I'm shooting that day / all the magazines I'm using for the day.
several chamber flags
needle nose pliers / Leatherman Supertool / folding allen wrench sets (metric & SAE)
staple gun / staples / roll of masking tape
garage sale sticker dots to cover bullet holes
MPro7 LPx & a few clean rags
16' tape measure / bore sight laser
ear plugs (~5 pr), 2-3 pr safety glasses & spare set of muffs
leather gloves

In the canvas bag:
tripod / spotting scope
2nd tripod & chrony
electronic muffs

I use the bag to collect brass

In the car:
small hammer & 30" #12 all-thread, wrapped in electrical tape (hammer out stuck cases, tape protects barrel)

I have a range bag that hold ammo, magazines, my laser bore sight, hearing and eye protection. I have a tool box I take with everything I need to clean and repair my firearms. My AR and 22's have their own range bags with stuff specific to them in it and I am trying to get together everything I need for my chronograph and laptop into another container of some sort. All my vehicles have a first aid kit in them, so that goes too.

Not so obvious items....

TP....yep a roll always goes with me.
Hair ties and a headband....I don't use them but my wife does and often forget them, so I just tossed a few of the millions she's got into my range bags.
Plastic shopping bags and at least one large black trash bag.....should be obvious.

In addition to the typical gear, people should have first aid kit items to treat a gunshot wound, e.g. a Combat Application Tourniquet and some Quikclot bandages. An IFAK (Improved First Aid Kit) is something you hope to never need but is good to have just in case...

In addition to the typical gear, people should have first aid kit items to treat a gunshot wound, e.g. a Combat Application Tourniquet and some Quikclot bandages. An IFAK (Improved First Aid Kit) is something you hope to never need but is good to have just in case...

One thing else, since this was brought up. If you DO have an accident, DON'T call 911 and say something along the lines of "He's been shot, I've been shot....etc" Say something like we've had a firearms training injury. Saying the "He's been shot, I've been shot....etc" is going to put the dispatcher into a shooting line of questioning assuming they are dealing with a crime or hostile situation. They immediatley start a line of questions dealing with first responder safety, where is the gun, where is the shooter, etc. Saying it's a firearms training related injury immediately directs their line of questioning to patient care, not first responder safety.

lets see..
Targets
staple gun + staples
eyes
ears
gloves
AR tool
cleaning kit
rags
extra ammo
lulas for handgun/AR and SCAR
a small bottle of vitamin I
a flashlight

I have a range bag that usually stays in the car on rage visits. It contains all of the above listed except for trash bags (we have them at my home range) and staplers (we don't use them at my home range) and probably plus a few more tools if I can remember them all. The bag stays in the trunk because it's a long walk from the car to the range that I usually use. It's not much effort to bring the "extra" bag and it's so worth it when someone needs that one tool or their gun is done and they have to go home. Try it. Makes your day. Plus sometimes it's me I'm rescuing. Instead of then end of the fun it's a jog back to the car for the needed tool. It's a Midway bag, by the way. Best deal for the dollar as far as I can see.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top