JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife thought she wanted a KelTec PF9. Thinking it might be a little hot for her, I tried it first. It bulged primers and the trigger was a finger pinching SOB. I sent it back to KelTec and in the mean time I bought a .22 lr adapter from Twisted Industries. The .22 adaptor made the PF9 a joy for my wife to shoot and I can't keep her magazines loaded fast enough. No more bulged primers, but it's still a finger pinching SOB in 9mm. :s0092:

I bought the trigger kit, but have yet to install it. :(

Shield Arms S15 mags for the Glock 48. They took forever to actually make it to market and I almost wrote them off as vaporware.

While I don't have a ton of rounds through them, they were vetted enough for EDC….

I tried out the KCI mags, my steel M1 mags ran flawlessly. Their polymer sks mag needed the sides sanded to go in and out easily, but ran well.

As far as guns go.. I found my Hi Point 995 to be a reliable and fun carbine. I haven't had any issues since I bought it used in '04.

The infamous RG10! A cheap and fragile SNS in .22 short, but not the death trap that I was told they were. It seems that the people who often bought them would abuse them, never clean them and seriously stress out their pot metal frames by shooting. 22lr through them.

Double action is a heavy and long pull, but when fired in single action it has a very light trigger pull.

I picked up one in great condition, have put several hundred rounds through it with no issues so far. I'd say it needs to be babied, I wouldn't want to rely on it for self defense, but it's a fun range toy.

Last Edited:
Remington Nylon 66 Black Diamond. Didn't know a lot about Nylon 66s, but I knew the black ones were more rare than the brown ones and the price was below market for a brown one so I bought it as an investment. Took it to the range and found out what a wonderful rifle the 66 really is. Now the collection has grown to ten Nylons, including Model 10C, 12, 66 in various colors, 76 and 77. All are excellent shooters and good investments.

MecGar magazines
Love em

Same here. I've seen countless individuals crap on them
Really?

MecGar magazines are a top quality Italian magazine manufacturer. They make the OEM factory magazines for a number of top brands. From their website:
"Mec-Gar is the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of a variety of popular factory magazines for brands including Beretta, FN Browning, Charles Daly, Colt, CZ, Kel-Tec, Kimber, Remington, Smith & Wesson, STI, Taurus & Walther."

I bought a lot of junk magazines back in the day, before I knew better. I quickly learned to buy only OEM or MecGar.
^^^THIS^^^ has been my experience... l always go for MecGar or OEM (sometimes one and the same) if given a choice. I've never heard anyone crap on them. Doesn't mean l don't think it happens, lve just never seen/read it.

At a gun shop, found a box set of Redding Type S TiN bushings, nine in all for four calibers, and a what looked to be new Dillon powder drop.
The only bushing I needed was a duplicate. The Dillon box also had other press parts worth $70.
Sold the eight Redding bushings for the price I paid for everything at the gun shop.

A box full of old gun parts...
Inside was a original 1808 dated Springfield Musket lock ( complete ) and all the other items for said musket...
Excluding the barrel , ramrod and stock.

All of the parts went into a older Navy Arms "Charleville" musket....with almost a "drop in" fit.
Neat to have shooter "antique" musket.
( Yes I let folks know what it actually is )
Andy

Another "pleasant surprise" was the Remington 600 I lusted after as a youngin' and finally snared as a NOT youngin'. Never had a clue a 35 Remington would shoot like this. I only hope I can make handloads that can do the same.

Four shots.jpg

A few years ago, I bought a Taurus "seven shooter", .357 Mag, 6" barrel, in SS NIB for a low enough price to get my attention. Its fit and finish are really nice, it seems to be timed perfectly, and shoots better than I can. I was expecting a mid to mediocre gun, but its actually a very nice revolver.

A gamble? Not so much…but I was pleasantly surprised with the little Ruger Wrangler. I SASS'ed out a Vaquero and then started comparing parts between the two…seems Ruger put more fit and finish time into the Vaq but the same size parts were in the Wrangler (trigger, trigger spring, some pins, etc.). It's a fun little pistol.

Many years ago I was looking for a Walther PPK/S in .22 and discovered they were hard to find and expensive.

Well, in a pawn shop one day I saw what looked like a Walther and it turned out to be a early Bersa 944.

Well it was kind of dirty, but had a fairly smooth action and nice bluing they were asking $159 for it and I offered a $100 and they took it.

Well after a complete disassembly and cleaning the fairly smooth action turned out to be glass smooth and it is a very nice shooter. I later discovered these were not made very long and have some collector appeal.

IMG_2701.JPG

Last Edited:
Best surprise was a S&W 29-2 in nickel 6 1/2" barrel from Rock Island auctions with original wooden box that I bought as a shooter because the pictures were terrible, and the price was at the "shooter" level.

It came pretty quickly and when I opened the box, darn if it wasn't a factory fired-only, new gun.

I'm not a collector, and it was just too too purdy to shoot, so I sold it here last year. S&W made some really gorgeous guns back in the day!
Like mine, you mean? Pre-Bangor-Punta Model 29 with recessed cartridge cylinder....

1632680712998.png

Pleasantly surprised by my Rock Island 1911 Tactical, $465, since sold and replaced with Sig P220. Also, Tristar C100 9mm. Still have. CZ75 compact clone. Very little difference in real life to CZ P01.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top