JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rhode Island police began stopping cars with New York plates Friday. On Saturday, the National Guard will help them conduct house-to-house searches to find people who traveled from New York and demand 14 days of self-quarantine.

"Right now we have a pinpointed risk," Governor Gina Raimondo said. "That risk is called New York City."

New York is the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S., on Friday reporting a total of 44,000 cases.

Rhode Island has just over 200, and it has begun an aggressive campaign to keep the virus out and New Yorkers contained, over objections from civil liberties advocates.

Raimondo, a Democrat, said she had consulted lawyers and said while she couldn't close the border, she felt confident she could enforce a quarantine.

il_570xN.1296855583_wbyg.jpg

I'm going to print out a handful of these.

If I get stopped or what not.

I'll, stone faced, give this to the officer.

1585411096396.jpeg

We had as company conference call about this last week. My boss is scrambling trying to get various permission slips from all the companies we contract for. Total overreaching bullbubblegum.

I have a letter from work stating that I am mission essential "expendable" as per the DOD and DHS. People started getting freaked out at work that they were going to get pulled over. Another letter came out at work that Oregon and Washington will not be pulling over cars as per both Governors and if we are pulled over be polite but get the agency and officer info to report.

Rhode Island police began stopping cars with New York plates Friday. On Saturday, the National Guard will help them conduct house-to-house searches to find people who traveled from New York and demand 14 days of self-quarantine.

"Right now we have a pinpointed risk," Governor Gina Raimondo said. "That risk is called New York City."

New York is the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S., on Friday reporting a total of 44,000 cases.

Rhode Island has just over 200, and it has begun an aggressive campaign to keep the virus out and New Yorkers contained, over objections from civil liberties advocates.

Raimondo, a Democrat, said she had consulted lawyers and said while she couldn't close the border, she felt confident she could enforce a quarantine.

The NE corridor is quite the cr@p hole. Glad I left when I did. To be fair though, I'm sure it's a better place since I left. ;)

We have letters from three different companys we do work for with homeland "critical and essential" certifications for our trucks. Plus one from our company that we have to carry. In a big a$$ service truck dont think I'll have a issue but who knows!

WSJ news alert.

President Trump says he is considering an "enforceable quarantine" in New York, New Jersey and parts of Connecticut and may make a decision later today.

People started getting freaked out at work that they were going to get pulled over. Another letter came out at work that Oregon and Washington will not be pulling over cars as per both Governors and if we are pulled over be polite but get the agency and officer info to report.

People that get "freaked out" over this are the ones who will be the first to be rounded up for their ignorance of basic Constitutional rights. The police will not pull people over for this because there exists no probable cause for such detainment under the statues, and any stop made without suitable probable cause would not be valid.

Probable cause[edit]
Main article: Probable cause
Probable cause is the arrest stage in which sufficient evidence is available to sustain a warrant for arrest. Probable cause is a stronger standard of evidence than a reasonable suspicion, but weaker than what is required to secure a criminal conviction. In some cases, notably DUI stops, the "sufficient evidence" is used for requiring an evidentiary chemical test (e.g., evidential breathalyzer test) by invoking an implied consent request. While state terminology regarding whether evidentiary testing is an "arrest", such testing is Constitutionally a "search incident to arrest".[5]

WSJ news alert.

President Trump says he is considering an "enforceable quarantine" in New York, New Jersey and parts of Connecticut and may make a decision later today.

Once again the governors screwed the pooch on this and would rather let the Feds mandate it so they can later bash the Feds for such restrictions based upon them being Democrats and the President Republican. A usual partisan politics govern any decisions made by politicians of either party. They all suck.

If the American people do not wake up and get a hold on sh*t at the state level we are doomed to failure at every turn in emergent situations.

Huh! Seems "Stop and Frisk" is back already.

:rolleyes:....Like the song says, "everything old is new again".
I hope they don't bring back hooped skirts and bustles, y'know... for "social distancing". :eek:

Last Edited:
This is mind blowing. Putting politics aside for a minute (52 seconds, actually), a company called Tectonix used proprietary tracking software and cell phone location data to map the movement of mobile devices over a 2-day period Mar 22-24. 580,000 mobile devices left NYC and fanned out across the country. For maximum viewing pleasure, watch on full screen. BTW, I'm not endorsing their conclusions, I just think the demo is an eye opener.

PS. You ARE being watched.

Last Edited:
vos papiers, s'il vous plaît

The Quebec government is moving to protect some of the province's more remote regions from the spread of COVID-19 by setting up checkpoints to block non-essential travel.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top