JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinkng of pick up a savage edge .308 WIN for some target shooting and maybe hunting. I have a remington 700 .30-06 already but i wanted to give the .308 a try. The edge is on the more economic side of savage's line but it's looks great compared to the Remington 770, Marlin XS7, and even the Stevens 200 series. They all have synthetic stocks and blued barrels but the edge just has a nicer fit and finish then the rest.

Do you have this rifle and what do you think of it? It's a brand new rifle from savage and I normally have bad luck with 1st generation firearms...ruger sr9 recall, beretta neos recall, etc...

My recommendation is to get the stevens 200. It is a great rifle and interchangable with the regular savages. This means you can upgrade it down the road. The edge does not have this benefit.

<broken link removed>

Either way, enjoy enjoy the search for the new toy and use it when you get it. Best of luck.

But the Stevens doesn't have the accutrigger right? I don't have one so I don't know how much of a difference it makes.
I heard the Savage is the most accurate rifle out of the box.

You will get all kinds of opinions about that, but my experience is that the Savage is easily the most accurate rifle out of the box. I prefer them to much more expensive rifles. I personally do not like the accutrigger at all. To me it has a bad feel and if you get used to it you will have trouble with other triggers. I buy my Savages without the accutrigger and I install a Timney trigger in them, and that combo seems to be the best.

But the Stevens doesn't have the accutrigger right? I don't have one so I don't know how much of a difference it makes.
I heard the Savage is the most accurate rifle out of the box.

No, Stevens does not have the accutrigger, but I wouldn't get hung up on that. There are drop in triggers for it that will go <1lb pull for <$100 shipped. As far as I know the edge does not have the accutrigger either. The Edge is a completely new rifle, new action etc. This is NOT the "Savage" that people are talking about when they praise the accuracy of the company.

Here is an idea of some of the stuff you can do to the Stevens/Savage

Sharp Shooter Supply

i agree on the accutrigger. It's an acceptable trigger for new shooters who are not interested in trigger loas yet but it's not to my liking. I just saw a great savage 11 package from bi mart so i am happy. It's cost roughly 60 bux more than the stevens 200. Looks great and cheap

Every review I have seen on the Edge is giving sub-moa for all calibers tested. Some mags have been saying its the model 110 edge since it is all based on the long action.I love savage rifles (have 2 17hmr's, a .22, .223, .243, 7mm rem. mag. and a .308. I have been trying to locate the edge for a decent price in .25-06 myself. I like the accutrigger alot but the standard Savage trigger is still a good one, maybe not for target shooting but good enough for hunting.

I like the edge and i am not concern that grouping will by varrying because that's based on more factors than just the gun itself. I am worried that it's a 1st generation rifle and my experiences with being an early adopter of firearms has not been great. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of design flaws or problems down the road. :(

I like the edge and i am not concern that grouping will by varrying because that's based on more factors than just the gun itself. I am worried that it's a 1st generation rifle and my experiences with being an early adopter of firearms has not been great. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of design flaws or problems down the road. :(

yup then you can sell it on the classifieds:s0155:

no way to tell unless you either want to wait and read MORE reviews or test it out for yourself..

either way it is inexpensive, and the spendy stuff like rings and glass you can always move to a different project.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top