JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We all have the gun cartridge combination we think is perfect. If you think about it some cartridges and guns are much better than others in combination but to each it is his opinion.

Given any caliber you want what is the best gun that suits that caliber and why? What gun is the epitomy of that caliber?

jj:D

I'm very partial to my 4" Kimber Custom in .45ACP. Excellent balance, low recoil, concealable, high impact cartridge.

I do like my G17 but I have to give the 9mm award to the XDm due to the extra magazine capacity. Haven't shot an MP5 but if I had an extra 5k laying around I wouldn't mind one of those in the collection :s0155:

I've often thought of the SP101 in .38/.357 as the perfect all around gun.

Many fine .44 Magnums out there but I have to say the Smith 629 in 8" is my favorite.

I like the Remington 700 in .308 for distance and precision. All those snipers can't be wrong.

For battle rifle I think I have to give my vote to the AK 47 in 7.62x39 but I can't fault anyone for choosing an AR in .223 or .308.

Shotgun would have to go to the Benelli semi auto in 12G.

10/22 has got to be the most customizable and economical gun to shoot.

For collectablilty I'd love to have an original Henry rifle.

My personal drool factor would be a .50BMG but who can afford to shoot it.

.357 Magnum- S&W Model 19.

Now, I realize it's just a .38 Special on steroids, and will "shoot loose" if you fire enough thousands of rounds through it, but as far as portability and aesthetics go, it is by far the #1 .357 Magnum.

I love my Springfield Armory XD45 Tactical. Super accurate even at longer ranges. Easy control for rapid shots at close range. Simple to use and care for.

My Colt King Cobra is perfect for the .357 magnum. The heavy frame counters the sharp recoil of the magnum rounds, sights are adjustable and the Colt revolver system is the best.

My Mossberg 590 in 12ga is my best defense/combat shotgun but if it's for hunting/sporting purpose, I love my Browning Superposed.

When it comes to bolt rifles, I prefer the Mauser system for it's simplicity, though I don't have a preferred round in that yet. I have a 7mm Mauser 93 and an Interarms Mark X in 300 WBY Mag with the Mauser action.

Nothing says 30-30 like my Marlin 336.

How many of your choices fit in this category? (M1911/45ACP gets a nod.)

My all-time favorite cartridge rests easily in the gun it was made for: The
.250-3000 Savage and the Model 99.

It is the very perfect deer and antelope cartridge, and the very perfect weapon for both. The cartridge and the weapon are fast, accurate, and easy-handling.

It is the very first highpower cartridge and gun that taught me I could hit and kill anything I directed it toward. This combo actually taught me that I might shoot very well, and then taught me to do so. Mild recoil, extreme accuracy and devastating power beyond what appearances might indicate.

Other cartridges/guns designed for each other (and among my favorites as well): The .30-30/M94 Winchester, The .221 Fireball/Remington XP100, .350 Remington Magnum (and the 6.5 Magnum--incidentally, Motoman, this cartridge has the case capacity to actually match a 6.5-06)/M600 Remington, and never forget, the .348/Winchester Model 71: the only caliber this gun was ever chambered for.

My primary carry gun is in .40S&W and is a Sig. Primarily my Sig P229 but also my Sig P250 for concealed carry.

I primarily carry OC.

Why? Well, it is good enough for the Secret Service, Coast Guard, Federal Air Marshall's, FBI..... and on and on...

It has earned the Sig tag line "To **** and Back Reliability"

I have put nearly every cheap brand of ammo in it without failure. I have intentionally limp wristed the gun, without failure. I have rode ATVs through the Oregon dessert and filled the gun with dust, without failure. I have never had a FTF, FTE. I believe it will fire 100% of the time. I trust my life to it each and everyday.

PhysicsGuy on the money with the '05 info. Hah! that makes my combo choice the only one in the category of cartridge/gun devoted to each other. I like being wrong when being corrected makes my case.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top