JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have my tomahawk by the bed and a glock somewhere handy.My old dog wakes up after I have already gone outside to see who's in the drive,lol. So maybe I need to have the gun closer?
I quit living in the neighborhoods I needed a gun at every corner . And I try to make folks think I'm a little off so they don't just come walking up to the door with out notifying me.
And the only gun I will question is the 10 gauge.
Ithaca Mag 10 modified for home defense!
Nothing like a 10ga 3 1/2" double ought buck shot...
:eek:
Why do you want to rebuild a wall after the fact? LOL

Bedside for things that go bump in the night.

My carry gun rests at my computer desk while at home.

USP9sdevo.jpg

HK45ccarry.jpg

I keep my G26 with a couple G17 mags in the kitchen for when I'm in the house it's also my carry gun. And a G34 with night sights with a TLR1 HL near the bed.

I'm really wanting to get a AR wall mount safe to hang in the closet up stairs in case things get hairy.
I have a small daughter and a son coming in January so I have to get creative with keeping things safe for the family.

I don't have any firearms anymore, boat sank in the lake crossing, however if you do come to my house in the night unwanted and unasked, there is the strong possibility that it may be your very last visit anywhere ever. Welcome to your nightmare.

Just kidding, yea I still have one gun that I got in May of 2015 that wasn't in the boat.

Smith and Wesson 5906 9mm close at hand while we sleep and a Smith and Wesson Model 66 .357 Magnum with a short barrel strategically placed in our living room near the front door. I have also started carrying full time again whether I am out and about or just around the house. Once I got used to it, it felt funny not to have it on me all of the time. A sign of the times I guess.

I have my tomahawk by the bed and a glock somewhere handy.My old dog wakes up after I have already gone outside to see who's in the drive,lol. So maybe I need to have the gun closer?
I quit living in the neighborhoods I needed a gun at every corner . And I try to make folks think I'm a little off so they don't just come walking up to the door with out notifying me.
And the only gun I will question is the 10 gauge.
:eek:
Why do you want to rebuild a wall after the fact? LOL

Oh, Oh! I know!

Because splatter's FUN!:cool:

Suburban - single family house.

House gun is a 20 ga shotty pump. In the bedroom, & Wife + her kit.

Up and about it's my daily carry.

Plan -
Up and About -
Deal with threat while attempting to move to bed room (one way) or garage (the other)
get to a long arm, call po-po, make noise, defend until the threat has stopped.

At night -
Get shotty, get defensive in bedroom, wake up fully and access
-- does it sound 2 legged or something else. If something else investigate ( i have other kit near shotty - knives, lights, bags, keys etc)
If 2 legged, Wife goes armed to 2ndary spot, one with a window, calls po-po.
I make noise and defend until the threat has stopped. Long gun first.

I just had to discuss with my across the street neighbor on how non-security minded my suburban house is (no back exit from my bedroom - no doors, window is high, bathroom window is small). From my bedroom thru the door, it is a straight line thru the other bedroom window and into his house. (his house sits slightly above mine, so it depends upon my firing position - which is likely to be low, bracing the shotty on the bed.
So that line would/could put a slug or bullet into his house. This was the major factor of my choosing a shotty with bird shot as the first rounds. I do not have a big place, you'd be no more than 5 yds, 15 ft from me.

The wifes kit includes a house key on a chem light. If po-po arrives, they have to get in - and she can toss that out the window to them.

Maybe that is 10 times more than you wanted to know.

I would like to read peoples though process - do you live in an RV, apartment, boat, out in country etc - and how you came to the decision to use what you did.

My plans are all geared towards a multiple assailant invasion of my home.

I am still young enough to be arrogant and feel I can handle any threat 1 on 1 with my skill set and tools.

I have 3 kill zones in my house.

1st is not ideal - it involves shooting down the hallway into the living room. This would put penetrating rounds into my neighbors living room. Thankfully that whole wall is FULL of books so there is a good chance my expanding rounds would never leave the house. As a precaution I always train mentally to take a knee before poking my gun and face out of the doorway to keep the tragectory of the bullets to be in an upward angle just in case.

2nd - is from behind my oak waterbed shooting at the bedroom door. My house is above 95% of my neighborhood as far as the eye can see so again I would be hunkered down shooting at an upward angle.

3rd is sort of SHTF - living room is at the door. If invaded I should be able to hear (dogs) them before they get to the door and use my EDC to cover us as we get into the panic room in the basement. 2 doors. First is a regular hollow house door and stays locked with a loaded 12ga and buck/slug sling. Second door is solid and reinforced and unlocked.

Plan would be to hit the hollow door with a shoulder to break it open, grab the gun and ammo and get into the panic room behind the reinforced door. Room is in a L shape so as they are trying to get into the solid door they are in a tight little space and I have one area that is not reinforced but just sheet rock.

When the door knob rattles or they try and bust the solid door down, well let's just say there will be a lot of buck shot sent into that little area as I can. I can not fathom anyone surviving that. If they do they will be headed out of the house quick I think...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top